Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
385228-R1-040-18A_018.jpg

385228-R1-050-23A_023.jpg

385228-R1-034-15A_015-1.jpg

384876-R1-015-6_006.jpg

384876-R1-047-22_022.jpg

This is some of my stuff, most of isn't up because I rarely ask for cd's with my photos and I don't have a scanner :( but please tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is welcome. Btw I'm using a Canon AE-1 and a normal 50mm lens and I've been shooting for about 2 months.

1st one is a little on the bright side. Just a person. I'm sure this shot would be great to who knows them but I don't so it doesn't really do anything for me.

2nd Is rather cool and artsy. I like the shadows and the perspective used. favorite number 1. Maybe stand a little further back or block out some of the light so instead of the fence being invisible towards the middle its still nicely blurred.

Eyes actually starting to hurt(could be my computer settings and not your shots)

3rd Is favorite number 2. Looks like something that could make it into trans9 mag IMHO. I hope he isn't planning on grinding that rail! Maybe another shot showing what trick he was going to do next would be needed because to an ex skater I assume he's going to do an olley off the stairs or some kind of kickflip when it actually looks like he's headed for the rail. Either way like I said this is one of my favorites.

4th. Just another person

5th is favorite number 3. great shot but looks like it is coming out a little grainy on my end. What time of day did you take this and what settings were used. Looks a little underexposed.

All in all 2, 3, and 5 are very cool shots. What I'd do if I took these same shots is work on making sure my exposure settings were all the way correct. To get rid of some of the brightness I'd possibly use a filter. Even a few hours later in the day could have solved number a lot of the brightness issues.

By the way by no means am I anyone to judge your shots. I'm giving you my perspective of how I'm seeing these shots. People might post threads calling me crazy saying your shots are excellent. I like what I'm seeing though just letting you know what I think.

Scroll through a couple times. Do you get the effect similar to when you stare at a bright light and look at a white wall?

Maybe I need to get more sleep and lay off the coffee. I'm seeing spots I think.

I like the lines on the 3rd photo

My favorite is the last photo. I don't have much to add to critique because I am also a beginner, but I really like that last shot.

I like the last one also, gives you a really good sense of distance from the ground.

#1 is good, but he is squinting and there is glare on his glasses.

#3 is good to, but it needs some lens correction. Reminds me of a skateboard magazine. I really like it!

#5 is my favorite, I love it!

Would you care to share your settings?
I have the same camera, man those are killer!!

The ollie over the blue rails is totally gnarly.

do they still say that? ;)

seriously, the guy that's olling over the blue rails should be payin you $100 for that shot? $100? really? Yeah! What's he gonna do, take that shot of HIMSELF? Doh. ;) nope.

great work on that one!

If you did that with an AE-1 on film, you obviously got one of them razor sharp 50mm's, and you know how to use it. Good going, Like! Lay some more on us, please.
It's gonna be tough to get that kind of image quality from a dSLR at an affordable price.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back