Reaction score
Here are a few of my new photos ive done, let me know what you guys think
DJ Ill Will
DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0636.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

I think they are a little over proccessed but good composer

in #1 his head is cut off... That's a no no

I don't mind the cut off head and rules can be bent, but I wish there was more light on the eyes.

I could be wrong, but in all of these, I see the use of 'natural light' and some Topaz Adjust like processing . To me, for a portrait, #2 is underexposed.

If you want to do really edgy stuff, use off camera speedlights and some modifiers.

Last edited:
thanks for all the feedback i really appreciate it for the first photo the reason why the head is kinda cut off is because the DJ wanted it like that because the hat was too square on the top. Also note that i shoot a lot of rap artists and they like the krazy overproccessed stuff thats why most of my stuff has a lot of effects done to it because they use it for mixtape and album covers.

Cutting heads off is actually quite acceptable, it's not bending any rule. Cutting chins off is bending/breaking rules. With a hat, perhaps it's a little award given the logo is cut in half which doesn't look as natural as simply cutting the top of someones head off.

Take a look at my avatar. That's a self portrait and I've purposely cut the top of my head off. I also purposely didn't cut the Cubs logo in half. Mostly because that would be sacrilegious. :)

thanks for all the feedback i really appreciate it for the first photo the reason why the head is kinda cut off is because the DJ wanted it like that because the hat was too square on the top. Also note that i shoot a lot of rap artists and they like the krazy overproccessed stuff thats why most of my stuff has a lot of effects done to it because they use it for mixtape and album covers.
Since this is a C&C thread, I'll be blunt. :)

The processing doesn't look "edgy", it just looks over saturated and under exposed. The 3rd one is the best in my opinion because it's not over saturated and the muted tones does look a little more "edgy", if that's what you're going after.

Most reactions

Back