Some of my zoo shots (various critters)

Mattis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

during the last year I've been going to the local zoos a lot. I spend my time at work all week and trips to the zoo usually yield the most keepers for me, but I also love animals.
So, I hope you enjoy these. I also love critique!

(This one's a pretty heavy crop)

I have more, I just don't want to cram 20 shots into one post.

I'm looking forward to read what you think about them!

Thank you!
Yeah, I fell in love with secretary birds that day. They are amazing!
Here's one in a more derpy pose:

Secretarybird by Mathias Appel, on Flickr

That tiger shot is a personal favorite of mine as well. Doesn't look like it was shot with a roughly 20 years old lens, too^^

Very nice! I kinda prefer the 1st tiger (for the regal pose) and the disgruntled chimp.

Very nice! I kinda prefer the 1st tiger (for the regal pose) and the disgruntled chimp.
Thanks! Yes, I was happy about those as well. The pose of the tiger really is pretty awesome. It was just a really bright day, it took quite a bit of dodging and burning to get it right...

Here are some more pandas:

WOW! Nice set here! I don't think I could pick a favorite. If I HAD too, I think it would be the tiger in the water. well done!

Thanks! Yes, I was happy about those as well. The pose of the tiger really is pretty awesome. It was just a really bright day, it took quite a bit of dodging and burning to get it right...

Here are some more pandas:

Nice set. And it isn't often I get to use Firefox to view a firefox.

The one that immediately jumped out at me was the tiger on the log.
Lazy eyes, lazy pose..., just waiting for something to fall into his enclosure to pounce on!

tiger is excellent, really wow

The one that immediately jumped out at me was the tiger on the log.
Lazy eyes, lazy pose..., just waiting for something to fall into his enclosure to pounce on!
Right, he looks lazy, but since he is a giant tiger he still looks rather powerful.
Also, I want to pounce on him! I bet he's really soft.

tiger is excellent, really wow
Thanks a lot!^^

Nice set. And it isn't often I get to use Firefox to view a firefox.
I see what you did there :)

Great stuff! Post more. Dat freaking tiger.

using tapatalk.

wonderful set, I loved all of them!!! :)

Thank you all! It's refreshing to actually get some feedback for once^^
Have some more:

I cut off his foot but I still liked the pose.

You did very well. Zoo shots require that you crop in tight sometimes and I like many of your compositions in this set.
Thank you!
Composition is always pretty much the most important aspect for me. I want to get it right when I take the shot, I don't like cropping photos. I bought the camera for the bigger sensor, so cutting off pixels always feels like such a waste to me.

Most reactions

Back