Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a couple I took with a point and shoot digital camera a few years back:

bigmountains.jpg

mountainslucia.jpg

graciasvingencita.jpg

i really like the first one the lighting looks good...what kinda camera did you use they look good for a point and shoot

Hey cool! My mom's from Chile, and my family went there to visit her family for the first time in 18 years during their winter of 2004.

The first 2 pics are very good for a p&s. And I like the 3rd pic very much. I had not expected to see, but was very interested in, the public shrines to the Virgin Mary around towns there. Where in Chile were these taken?

Wouldn't that be Santiago de Chile?

"Thank you, little virgin, for doing me a favour" ... nice! :D

Wouldn't that be Santiago de Chile?

"Thank you, little virgin, for doing me a favour" ... nice! :D

:thumbup: Thanks, and si! It is Santiago. Such a beautiful, culture-filled, vibrant place (and tragic if you see the slums). I got to go to Valaparaiso and Vina del Mar as well. I wish I had been into photography then, same with when I went on an Alaska cruise a few years back!

To the poster above: I agree, the public shrines to the Virgin Mary are very interesting. It's a very catholic city, so it didn't surprise me THAT much, but the actual presentation and whatnot was very interesting to me. That particular one is on the top of San Cristobal, the highest point in the city, actually a miniature mountain jutting out of the middle of Santiago!

Here are a few from my trip up the mountain that day:

Looking down the funicular path:
downfunicular.jpg

There are TONS of stray dogs, this is actually at the top... I wonder how he got there?
sleepingdoggood.jpg

Another view of the shrine at the top:
graciassigncristobal.jpg

I'm sorry, I totally don't remember the brand/model of my parents' digital point and shoot. All I remember is it is very very cheap and only 3.2 megapixels! I think Chile is just so beautiful on its own that it doesn't matter what camera you use, some of that beauty is going to come out.

Yeah, there are dogs everywhere. We saw around 20 in a little plaza in Rancagua, I think.

My mom is from Vina, and after being gone for 18 years she was disappointed that the city had become so...the word "gritty" comes to mind.

Been there several times and I love the country and the people. Last couple of times I've been in the south. Beautiful country. Lots of dogs there too.

Most reactions

Back