Some photos for C&C

atka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Been lurking here for awhile and decided to take the plunge. Here are some photos.
personal_98597_430x350_0_0_0_0_0_0.jpg

personal_98615_430x350_0_0_0_0_0_0.jpg

personal_98613_430x350_0_0_0_0_0_0.jpg

DOH! Access Denied :x

I can't see any of your photos

[edit]
Yay! I can see them now. Thanks =)

Last edited:
There can you see them know? I always could but I think they were marked private by mistake.

Much better... three views of a white box with 'Access Denied' wasn't all that interesting.

1. Good capture of the dragonfly. I'd considering cropping as much of the image as you can to concentrate the eye on the insect.

2. Almost but not quite. This came very close to being a good image, but because of the bright sky, the animals are very dark and lack detail, additionally, the way they're lined up between the trees makes it quite hard to figure out what you're looking at. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do in this situation, hence the reason that wildlife photographers often spend hours hidden in blinds with very large lenses.

3. Very nice. Well framed, well exposed. This one is worth going back to and doing some long exposures (to get that feathery, flowing water effect) and perhaps some closer-up images of the smaller falls on their own.

Overall, nice work. Looking forward to more.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

3. ...This one is worth going back to and doing some long exposures (to get that feathery, flowing water effect)...
~John

Be sure to take an ND filter when you go back. I would recommend an ND 0.6 or 0.9 filter.

They're so small they're a little hard to comment on. I was just telling someone else not to make them too big... :lol: I'm a nightmare of inconsistencies!

I recommend about 800px on the long side. 900-1000 max.

Edit below...

1 totally strikes me as a pic I would take because it was a neat opportunity, but because of the hat and the hand and all that, it doesn't really make a "great picture".

2 seems like it has potential but the rocks (and trees) are underexposed enough to become big dark blobs, which kinda wrecks it a bit. Good try though!

3 looks pretty cool. Little hard to tell because it's small. Looks like a GREAT place to get a lot of nice shots. Neat waterfall "configuration". Very nice. Good eye!

Thanks for the comments two is actually two Bull Buffalo. The trees are in the photo because we where hiding from the buffalo, two Bulls walking down the same path as us in two different directions we were trapped. I only got one picture off though because the people I was with didn't like the sound the camera made when I took pictures :), as we were probably only 30 meters away. Any way thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back