Some photos from around NZ

Tannachy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few photos from NZ, I think they're quite good, but I'd love for some critique. Anything from composition to post processing. I'm more than happy for you to rubbish them as I just want to improve and learn to take better photos.

Thank You

4434675442_bbd2ff9f38_o.jpg

Mitre Peak Sunrise
4402489665_3a8f8bb4f4_o.jpg

Mackay Falls
4394566474_d5cb6d258c_o.jpg

Clinton River Sunrise

4421475887_8a7d17d294_o.jpg

Mt Aspiring NP

4246360487_256fac8d37_b.jpg

Glendhu Bay

I think they're quite good

Understatement.

Slight horizon tilt on #1, other than that I think they are excellent photos of beautiful places. The last might have a slight tilt as well but I am not sure on that one (can't find a good reference).

Ah yes I knew the first's horizon was off, should have corrected before posting. And the last one looks slightly off but I think its just because of the lake, if you look at the river valley its pretty flat in there.

I was going to mention the horizon tilts too, but they are still pretty pictures. The last picture is so epic.

I have nostalgic childhood memories of New Zealand. This reminds me I should go for back for a holiday ;)

These are great photos, nice work, and thank you for sharing. Not to nitpick, but I think #3 has some tilt to it also, unless you found a place where water flows uphill. I saw the photo, and that was just bugging me, sorry.

shots like these make me want to move to NZ :lol:

2 has nice detail of the rocks under the water. 3 nice colors and lighting on the rocks on the lower third. #5, wow, just beautiful, (on my good monitor at work sshhhh) I can see the detail down to all but the darkest shadow and there's a wide variation in the color of the water. From the light in the far center to the light blue on the right through the darker blues and finally the dark shadows of what lies beneath in the lower third. Fix the tilt, enlarge and you have presents for the family that follow your art. PS number your shots next time, makes commenting easier. :)

Tannachy
I am sorry you are stuck in a place like NZ trying to make those shots look good ;)

Even if they may not be perfect, the locations are.

These are stunning pictures..... wow makes me wanna quit my job and move there..... great shots once again.

Cheers guys, I've corrected the horizons on the 3 photos and reposted them again with numbers... I've also added one more I took the other day.

1. Milford Sound, do you think the balance is slightly off with this? Should I crop out more sky?

4460994339_ae7d67ec2f_o.jpg

2. Clinton River

4461768404_7394fd6f2e_o.jpg

3. Glendhu Bay, now I really like this but I'm personally unsure on the colours, does it look a bit fake? Maybe I should reduce the contrast slightly more?

4461812448_bbfba8fe77_o.jpg

4. Lake MacKenzie Sunset, is this too 'flat'? I think the light on the peaks is too washed out, would it look better with a stronger orange?

4461069985_6b4ffb39b3_o.jpg

Awesome shots, i just wish the Mackay falls was a tighter shot on the falls

the first one is incredible! if only the cloud cover was a little thicker across the entire frame

beautiful shots!! Clinton River is my favortie one. but all of them are excellent.

I wouldn't crop the sky out of #1, I think it gives a good balance. but thats just me.

good job.

Most reactions

Back