Some photos from today.

chris_arnet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
PLEASE BE HARSH. i want to know everything thats wrong with them.

BWTrees1.jpg

BWTrees2.jpg

BWTrees3.jpg

Thank You for your help

I really wish OP's would read the guidelines for the forum. Without them this becomes just another gallery.

umm 1 and 2 are underexposed nothing PS can't fix. 3 is the best but it looses me looking for a subject, i find my eyes darting all over the picture.

ok, its kind of boring, I don't know what i'm looking at and honestly I don't care to study it...

I'm looking only at the first one:

Due to exposure problems (too much/too little) the entire photo kind of washes out and into itself.

the photos are all the same exposure, i just adjusted some more or less contrast and darkness wise in photoshop.

the photos are all the same exposure, i just adjusted some more or less contrast and darkness wise in photoshop.

clearly something is different... it's not the same shot with 3 different photoshop jobs applied... they're different shots and consequently, they all have a different feel and probably different settings when shot (unless you shot them all in manual mode with the same settings)

that aside, all of the images lack a point of interest. i wonder if color wouldn't be better? composition wise, i'm not feeling it.

if you're only questioning the contrast and darkness of each photo, the 3rd one is too bright, the first and second ones are ok, depending on your intent. the first one appears too dark (unless you wanted to silhouette the trees in the marsh) and the 2nd is pretty good if your intent is to show more detail in the trees in the marsh.

clearly something is different... it's not the same shot with 3 different photoshop jobs applied... they're different shots and consequently, they all have a different feel and probably different settings when shot (unless you shot them all in manual mode with the same settings)

that aside, all of the images lack a point of interest. i wonder if color wouldn't be better? composition wise, i'm not feeling it.

if you're only questioning the contrast and darkness of each photo, the 3rd one is too bright, the first and second ones are ok, depending on your intent. the first one appears too dark (unless you wanted to silhouette the trees in the marsh) and the 2nd is pretty good if your intent is to show more detail in the trees in the marsh.

i did infact shoot with the same settings on manual. trust me, color isnt better. thanks for your help

None of them do much for me. There is no real focal point, they just look like snapshots.

If you re-visit the location, try using a wide angle, walking backwards a while and fill the frame with sky, ground and have a focal point somewhere.

Hope this helps,

David

You don't need to control contrast and brightness at the time of shooting? That's awesome. Soon we won't even need cameras.

You need to take a big step backwards in your routine if you think that that workflow is acceptable.

I would put it in a big white wall with a flashing orange paspartou, and the subject is ME :) I like it

Liked the third one best. My suggestion - get all the branches (some of them seem cut or too near to the end of the picture, doesn't leave your mind with much to imagine) and I'd crop it a bit below the trees, below that mass of water you hade there... trying to frame he trees, in my mind.

The other too... as someone said before, are underexposed, and you'll allways have contrast issues - i prefer this one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back