Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Sadabat Mosque - Istanbul

3083117768_ae8d2a11f6_b.jpg

Sveti Stefan Church aka Bulgarian Church - Istanbul

2728921930_db3ecddfb4_o.jpg

Blue Mosque - Istanbul
2726230836_3c1595d791_o.jpg

Seems like we stood in almost the same spot when we took our photos, right. Look_here_to_compare - only did you observe to get all six minarettes into your photo and I didn't :oops:

That Bulgarian Church ... isn't that the church made entirely from iron? We only went past by bus and our guide said "Look there" etc., but I missed it and didn't see it at all...

I'm sure we never came past Sadabat Mosque, as the water we cruised on was a lot bigger ;) ;) ;) ... this is not Bosporus we see ;).

If you have some time, you might want to look at my blog (see link in sig). I am still (!) working on my travel journal of our trip to Turkey last year in October, but the Istanbul parts have long been finished. Photos and all.

Seems like we stood in almost the same spot when we took our photos, right. Look_here_to_compare - only did you observe to get all six minarettes into your photo and I didn't :oops:

That Bulgarian Church ... isn't that the church made entirely from iron? We only went past by bus and our guide said "Look there" etc., but I missed it and didn't see it at all...

I'm sure we never came past Sadabat Mosque, as the water we cruised on was a lot bigger ;) ;) ;) ... this is not Bosporus we see ;).

If you have some time, you might want to look at my blog (see link in sig). I am still (!) working on my travel journal of our trip to Turkey last year in October, but the Istanbul parts have long been finished. Photos and all.

Hello LaFoto;
You are right, we took the same position. I live in Istanbul so had many chances to search for the combinations but you found that composition in more limited time than me. IMHO your better photography vision than me is proven :grumpy:

Yeah you are right, Bulgarian Church is made of Cast Iron. According to the story, The Orthodox people were forcing the Ottoman Emperor of that time to give permission to built a church for Orthodox. The Emperor didn't want it happen because had strong relations by Fener Patriarchate but couldn't say no. So gave permission but should be finished in 3 months. The blocks were already casted in Europe so they finished it :) You must see it, everything inside-outside is cast iron.

Sadabat Mosque is a historical place but not very famous. It is very close to my home. Yes that is not the bosphorus, it is a place very close to the Golden Horn.

I have looked to your blog. The photos and the explanations are very nice. Also I have seen Istanbul photos in your Flickr account. They are great indeed :thumbup:

Best
Tayfun

Last edited:
this is really nice good work

this is really nice good work

Thank you very much. You have a lot of dog photos, I go crazy for dogs and cats (like dogs a little more, always had one while childhood). I take photos of the cats and dogs on the street, maybe will share them here in the future.
Best

Most reactions

New Topics

Back