Some photos in downtown Seattle day after Thanksgiving. General Critique apreciated!

taracor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well my freind and I took the train to downtown Seattle day after Thanksgiving just to hang out and take some pictures. (actually the point of the trip was to go to a camera store but we ended up staying for 10 extra hours :mrgreen:) There was a parade which we missed by an hour, but we did see some street performers and then there was a christmas tree ligthing. It was one of those "start of the holiday season" kind of things. Lots of people, fireworks, it was cool. Hre are some photos I took. Like I said, critique is greatley apreciated.

1) We took the bus to the camera store and got off way past our intended stop. It waas worth it though, I got a nice picture of the aurora bridge.

DSC_0043.jpg

2)This guy was awesome. He was playing guitar on a street corner. He was really good. I love what he's wearing too.

DSC_0035.jpg

3) Same guy, different picture.

DSC_0037.jpg

4) Same guy, different picture.

DSC_0038.jpg

5) After getting back from the camera store (we were there for quite a while) my friend took this picture of the space needle

DSC_0045.jpg

6) Coincedently (sp) Critical Mass started just as we got to..that part of Seattle. I want to say it was Pioneer square but I don't remember. Critical Mass is a bunch of cyclists (I'm a big cycling fan) who ride around (in my case in Seattle, but htere are a lot of cities and states where critical mass is held) to basically raise awareness of cyclists and cycling. Obviousl I took some pictures. (Yes this is blurry but all I had was teh flash built into my d50 and it was dark)

DSC_0077.jpg

7) Lots of bikes at the begining of Critical Mass

DSC_0075.jpg

8) These are just fireworks for the tree lighting.

DSC_0062.jpg

9)
DSC_0059.jpg

10)
DSC_0057.jpg

11)
DSC_0053.jpg

12)
DSC_0049.jpg

13)
DSC_0047.jpg

14)
DSC_0072.jpg

15)
DSC_0066.jpg

16)
DSC_0065.jpg

17)
DSC_0064.jpg

18)
DSC_0046.jpg

Yeah I got a little bit carried away with the fireworks :) I have a lot more

19) It's a cop on a bike with a ski mask!!! As soon as my flash went off he kind of glared at me. At least that's what it seemed like.

DSC_0073.jpg

Alright All of these were taken with my Nikon D50 with the AF-S 18-55 mm lense. Yup..

I like number 15, and 17, but all of these seem a little blurry except the two with the guy's eyes closed.

I like no 4! He is 'like totally like in the groove man'. wish you had gotten the whole amp he is standing on, in the photo!

Nice guitar "action" shots--hey--are there any public monuments erected in Jimi's honor--I mean holy cow--Hendrix. Nice pics, keep at it and have a blast.

Dak, there is indeed a statue of Jimi in the Capital Hill/First Hill area. I can't find a pic of it now... maybe I'll go take some with snow on his head...

Thanks for the comments, I really. appreciate it. Keep 'em coming :wink:. Hey, Eric, were you at the tree lighting thing?

ericande said:
Dak, there is indeed a statue of Jimi in the Capital Hill/First Hill area. I can't find a pic of it now... maybe I'll go take some with snow on his head...

Yeah, and the whole universe in his eyes; I' m going to take a pilgrimage to his gravesite, I believe it's in Reston, WA.

Funny, I've never seen that statue. Then again, I'm not around Seattle too often.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back