Some pics from a bball game

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Jon K, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Jon K

Jon K TPF Noob!

Shot with 300D, ISO1600, Canon 70 - 200mm F4.0L

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I would need the 70-200 F2.8L in order to get a decent shutter... Although I did't try under-exposing buy 1 stop and adjust post-process.

2. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

These are decent pics, but something seems up with the focus. It would be easier to critique if just one was posted, so keep that in mind next time :) For the first one I think it would be better if the action was completely stopped rather than blurred a bit, and have the DOF different where the people in the background are blurry. For the second it seems that there is too much to look at. At tight shot of one of the players on the ground may have been better. I like the last one best out of the three, but as far as suggestions on it goes...one girl is in focus but the other two aren't, but they are still sharp enough to be seen which is awkward. I would suggest to next time fill the frame with just the one cheerleader, or to have all three in focus and then the pic would be better. Hopefully that helps a bit! Looks to me like you've got the right idea goin on, now it's the execution that's important :)

3. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    An IS lens could help IMO, the Pan Mode setting would be helpful with #1 reducing the side to side blur

4. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

i like the last one, Jon

5. Jon K

Jon K TPF Noob!

thanks andrea. you need to get yourself a nice lens! haha i may be coming home tomorrow, i am going to bring my camera and lens home. its massive.

As for the side to side pan blur, that horizontal blur was intentional. that's the idea behind a pan shot.