Some pics from Knockhill race circuit Lotus trackday. Edinburgh Scotland.

theRossatron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments welcome and appreciated any tips? Advice? My main problem was getting sharp shots while also keeping a good sense of speed. I promise next time I will post something other than cars!
wineRed.jpg

Blue111s.jpg

240Cup.jpg

tut.jpg

Kenny.jpg

greg.jpg

gareth.jpg

Andy.jpg

My favorites are 2 7 and 8. 2 is really nice and sharp. I have done very little panning but out of curiosity how fast were the cars
After looking back through them I like number 6 also.
Was this just a track day for a club or an actual race?

You did quite well in your panning in most of these. Most outstanding for me are (hang on, where are the NUMBERS to your pics!?!?!? :irked: ;)): 2 and 6.

I have tried to pan things on occasion but have never ever even BEGUN to master this technique. So I admire everyone who can do it!

oops sorry didn't realise I should number the pics! Will remember next time! (i've edited the original post)

The cars facing to the right were generally moving about 80mph and the ones to left much slower probably about 40mph. I've driven the circuit and these are the approximate speeds I was doing at these points though guys are a bit faster! :)

It was just a track day organised by the club, not an actual race. It was actually a Subaru Impreza club event but they invite the Lotus' along to make numbers.

Most of my really sharp ones ended up with one defect or another, car a bit out of frame etc... need to keep practising!

thanks for the feedback guys!

theRossatron said:
I promise next time I will post something other than cars!
Just take pictures of things you like to take pictures of! I love taking pictures of cars, along with a lot of other things. However, I don't shoot that which does not intrest me.

And awesome shots.

Thats awesome lotus' are some of my favorite cars, wish I sould have gone. Great pans too.

Thanks Guys. Good point - I am a big car man and definately want to take some more pans of interesting cars.

I think a lot of my pics are underexposed though so will know for next time.

theRossatron,

Good shots. Like you said they are a little underexposed. But that can easily be fixed in Photoshop or any photo editing program.

Keep up the work.

Jeremy

some nice pics, the pannin shot is trial and error, i presume u have a longisn lens to get close ups of the cars from the stands or where ever. u could try a tripod or a mono pod for your camera just to give it that little bit more support, or holding your camera in a diffrent way so it has more support when panning

I thought about a tripod but thought it might not be suited due to how fast the cars are moving at some points and I was standing behind the tyre walls for some of them quite near the track. I find my tripod rotates rather slowly although I suppose it could be loosened up?

I was using a Tamon 70 - 300mm lens, probably at about 200mm though. The really close one (10) is cropped slightly.

thanks for the comments guys, appreciated!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back