Some Pics from my new camera!

Synergy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi!

Picked up my new cam on Friday :D , a Pentax Optio 450 4MP compact and rushed home in excitement, hoping to take some excellent pics! However it started raining but then someone up there must have been listening….

Rainbow.jpg

Later the skies cleared up and Mars rises …

marsdis.jpg

So I have to get my scope out and take some pics of it…

mars.jpg

The following day I goto a local lake to get some shots of birds..

lake.jpg

Wow! Black Swans

blackswan.jpg

The geese are very willing..

head.jpg

head2.jpg

Except for this one…!

attack.jpg

I’m really pleased with this camera, hopefully I’ll be taking more and better shots with it! :D :D

wow ... love the colors :D ... cant wait to see future projects ... was that duck barking at u? :lol:

it was! The dangers of pursuing your hobbie indeed! Kind of reminds me of that “tip” F8 and be there…except its more like F8 and AARRGGGHHH RUN!!! It was well moody! Mind you I learnt something new from that shot…that geese have tongues! Oh and don’t ask your fiancée to throw bread over you to attract geese to you :lol:

what's the immediate difference u noticed from the "old" camera to the "new" ??

Absolutely everything! My old cameras are a cheap 1.3MP and my trusty Olympus OM-1. The differences between the OM-1 and the 450, apart from the format and the benefits of digital, is having automatic functions like AF and AE, although the 450 has a 100% manual mode too, usually its really difficult to do any impromptu photo shoots because of the time it takes me to adjust for a correct exposure.

The thing I appreciate most is AF I’ve ruined so many shots from focus being out! And when I had it hooked upto my scope, usually focusing is a bit touch and go but the AF just locked onto Mars with little apparent problem The other thing is the clarity and sharpness of some of the shots, for example the first goose head, I was really impressed with how much detail was there. :D

The first one ROCKS! You captured that rainbow WELL! I'm very impressed by it :)

And the last one cracks me up! lmao!

I wish I still had my website so I could ask to put those two on there :(

LOL Good stuff. That is one pissed Canuk! In anycase good show on the new aquisition. Its so odd though. Every time anyone else on this forum is buying a new camera its moving towards actually being NEW my new camera's are getting older and older. LOL see my post about CAS. LOL I'll stack my Agfa-Ansco No.1 up against any old digital. Heh heh. :camera:

You made great shots with your new camera, it is obvious that this camera have lots of nice capabilities, good stuff and good eye, congrats

Most reactions

Back