Some pics from the Zoo

Tokyudo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pics from the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines, IA.

So I plan a trip to the zoo for the whole family in hopes that everyone, especially my three boys, would have a good time. It was hot. Kids gradually got cranky and turned on their 'selective hearing'. Dad was tired from running after them under the hot sun. Ugh.

After a long hot day at the zoo and dealing with cranky kids, this pic makes it all worth while for me

IMG_4040.jpg

Testing out my new lens (Canon f1.8 50mm).

llamaxx8.jpg

This guy was eye balling me.

seahorseswh0.jpg

Seahorses. Sorry, didn't have my polarizing lens on at the time.

birdsod4.jpg

Birdies

penguinsaw5.jpg

They chillin'

turtleskissingow7.jpg

Giant turtles kissing

lemursdi2.jpg

Lemurs apparently doing more than kissing (sorry for the crappy shot).

The llama/alpaca shot is just about all blurry to me. Is that just my computer? something you did intentionally?

Mark

The llama/alpaca shot is just about all blurry to me. Is that just my computer? something you did intentionally?

Mark

I shot that one at f1.8 and the bokeh is very apparent. Probably doesn't help that the llama's head wasn't perfectly centered (I think the blur on the llama's ear throws people off). I guess I should have shot it at f2.8. I was actually in motion trying to get that shot, while avoiding little kids who were running around me. I have 3 more pics of the llama that are probably sharper, I'll post those later.

After taking a double-take, it is the ear that threw the image off for me. Id love to see the other pics though. Thanks in advance.

Mark

llama2di9.jpg

More llama.

llama3nb2.jpg

giraffemg2.jpg

sealionln7.jpg

turtleyi8.jpg

zebraol8.jpg

wallabyeq0.jpg

Wallaby

camelridesrm2.jpg

Camel Rides

goatka3.jpg

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

prairiedogxd8.jpg

ruff

For me, the photo that says the most is the first one - the three boys holding hands. Love the extra meaning in that one, really sends a feel good sensation.

Yes, even more than the lemurs. <g>

I don't know if its just my monitor but almost all these photos look really flat to me.

Heres a little edit I did to the llama, let me know if that looks better. Just a simple adjustment of levels and a little Unsharp Mask.

llamaxx8.jpg

Last edited:
All of the pics have not been enhanced, only cropped and uploaded.

I went ahead and did some color adjustments to the boys picture.

Before:
IMG_4040.jpg

After:
3boysix8.jpg

Last edited:
What exactly did you do to those pics to make them like that? I still cant get a hang of this picture editing stuff.

Mark

Most reactions

Back