some pics i took

luvtkngpics

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
amandasurdelphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few pics I took before doing any research on how to really take pics and all the technicalities of the camera. so in other words...they're all taken on "auto". let me know what you think. (obviously i need to figure out how to resize too...anyone willing to help me out there?)

CSC_3449-1.jpg

DSC_3419.jpg

DSC_3012-1.jpg

DSC_3028-1-1.jpg

DSC_2755.jpg

DSC_2980.jpg

Not too bad overall. The last one looks very odd, you should have got in closer because I assume you were trying to take a picture of them holding hands, but instead you just got a headless bride.

Not too bad overall. The last one looks very odd, you should have got in closer because I assume you were trying to take a picture of them holding hands, but instead you just got a headless bride.

I was about to say the same thing. Zoom in more on the hands. If it was me, I woulda gotten closer AND angled myself a bit more. I wish I get oppurtunities to shoot that.

But yea. Zoom in more, coz right now the first thing that popped into my head, also the second thing and the third was "wtf. no head"

I like #1 and #2 both a lot. #1 looks to be a little bit out of focus though, and the blown highlight on her hair in #2 makes it look like she has an electric mohawk! :p

Nice pictures overall but the main things I noticed besides what has all ready been said is on
#3 you could have used some fill flash &/or post processing as the brides eyes are basically black shadows.
#4 her dress looks blue, it could use some Post processing also.

Number 1 is an nice idea for a shot, but to tightly cropped for my taste. Second one is nice, but I'm not a fan of those fancy angles. Others will like those angles.

I think #5 could have been wicked with a fisheye. Then again I am in a hospital viewing these on an Iphone. The headless bride would benefit from a tighter crop like the others said. The b&w of the bride is my favorite

LOL the headless bride! obviously my attempt at trying to get them holding hands went all wrong! HAHA i was pretty far away from them though so that's the best i could get...thanks for the input! i'll definitely watch out for that stuff more in the future!

oh and i agree about the fisheye! i love those!

1, and 2 are a little oof and need a color balance fix to lower some of the magenta or red.

3 is probably my favorite, but I think if you got rid of the vignetting that might help with lighting her face up, and then you can work the rest in PP.

4 is WAY TOO blue. And cold. Remove that blue.:mrgreen:

5 is nice.

6, again, remove that blue. And I agree, a closer crop of just the hands, maybe?

#1 and #2 are great shot ideas. #1 could have done better less cropped though, and sharper. #3 is a underexposed. #4 is a little cool, you can fix that in photoshop or something though...remove the blue, crisp it up some, and it'd be a great picture. #5 is a nice view, but try reshooting it when you learn more down the line. it's a good subject, but the sky is a little too bright. #6, as others have said would have been better if zoomed directly on the hands, and at another angle.

but for first pics, they're great. just little things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back