Some Pics

let_it_be_a_photo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I already posted a couple pics on other thread groups, but I wanted to post a few different pics here so that they aren't all scattered. I hope you like them :)

These two were from a couple weeks ago.

StillLifeCup.jpg

A still-life pic I took. The rest of the coffee is on the floor :lol:

SceneryWolfTracks.jpg

I'm not sure about the sunray thing here, I have a feeling that is doesn't fit, but I also feel that it pulls the picture together... I don't know :confused: lol

And this one is pretty old, being from the end of August.

290-1.jpg

My little brother playing on the docks at the lake. My mom loves this pic... but she's the mom, so...

Comments are appreciated :D

Well the first doesnt do much for me, but I like the second one, I like the exposure, not too dark but not too light. As for the third, I like it, and its got a decent exposure, but it could use some fill flash, to get rid of the shadows under the eyes and nose, and arm, and the sweatshirt is a little blown out in parts. But overall not bad.

Thanks photogincollege :)

Invictus, I wanted the photo to be more on the wolf tracks, I thought the shot would be too plain with only the prints and I thought the willows would add more

kombizz, how exactly do we try harder?

Thanks for the comments :)

Looks like these were taken with a Sony DSC-H7 advanced P&S camera.

#1 - I like that you got up close to the subject but you were on the wrong side to take advantage of the natural light coming in from the window. Unless that was you intention. As you can see though, the window has blown out highlights. If you took the picture from the other side you would have gotten a nicely lit subject without having to worry about the blown highlights that the window has.

#2 - The lens flare is very distracting. And it looks like the scene is slightly overexposed. Could use more contrast to help bring out the trackes a bit more.

#3 - The time of day this picture was shot isn't the most flattering for the subject as you can see...the strong light is making the subject squint a lot and it's ruining the smile. On very nice bright sunny days it's better to have the subject in the shade when taking pictures of them...the smile won't be ruined by squinting eyes that way.

Looks like these were taken with a Sony DSC-H7 advanced P&S camera.

#1 - I like that you got up close to the subject but you were on the wrong side to take advantage of the natural light coming in from the window. Unless that was you intention. As you can see though, the window has blown out highlights. If you took the picture from the other side you would have gotten a nicely lit subject without having to worry about the blown highlights that the window has.

#2 - The lens flare is very distracting. And it looks like the scene is slightly overexposed. Could use more contrast to help bring out the trackes a bit more.

#3 - The time of day this picture was shot isn't the most flattering for the subject as you can see...the strong light is making the subject squint a lot and it's ruining the smile. On very nice bright sunny days it's better to have the subject in the shade when taking pictures of them...the smile won't be ruined by squinting eyes that way.

Thanks a lot for your C&C! This is what I was looking for, now I'll be more aware of these details while taking pictures.

The first one, I wanted something to be in the background, but i guess the window itself wasn't a great choice. Thanks for the tips on the other two shots

I'll be sure to evaluate my sorroundings and environment better to get better, more careful shots.

try harder

wonderful advice.:er:

why dont you enlighten us and spread some of your vast knowledge.

it might help the OP and others to know what they could do to improve the photos.
try to do what harder?...try to seek better subjects? try to frame the photos differently?...

Last edited:
wonderful advice.:er:

why dont you enlighten us and spread some of your vast knowledge.

it might help the OP and others to know what they could do to improve the photos.
try to do what harder?...try to seek better subjects? try to frame the photos differently?...
Yes, some clarity on that advice would be better, I uploaded these pics for constructive criticism

Most reactions

Back