Some pictures I took tonight.

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by photoman720, Jun 24, 2007.

1. photoman720

photoman720 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please critique. Be very harsh, I should have closed the aperature more on the first one. Thanks!

2. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    By "opening the aperture more" on the first one - what did you want to happen?

I would've thought you wanted it stopped down (ie: smaller hole) to get more of the tower in focus.

Also the only real problem with these photos is lighting. Pay more attention to where the sun is, and at what angle it's hitting the object and you'll get much nicer photos.

If you want a bit more of a critique - head on over to one of the critique forums here - they'll help you out there.

3. photoman720

photoman720 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks. I meant to say slow it down a couple of stops. Its late here. The lighting was tough when i took these. I think the only one where lighting is a problem is on #2 where all the detail is lost in the front.

4. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It might just be the engineer in me, but number 2 looks like a very structural photo and very symmetrical object. I would have like this much more if it were perfectly straight.

5. PhotoPhoenix

PhotoPhoenix TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    more contrast. photos look flat and kind of lacking interest. i agree with the above comment. the second photo should be straighter..and don't get me started with flower photos...your composition is a lot better than most people though. at least you're thinking about where you want the subjects placed. and if your photos aren't good then you're not close enough. move in closer or get a longer lens. more detail, more contrast, and lose the typical flower shots. go out there and develop the eye!

6. ANDS!

ANDS! No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    What's wrong with flower shots - ESPECIALLY if thats what he wants to take shots of? It's a great way to practice, and I've seen some fantastic ones - sheesh.

7. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Your thread got moved to the General Gallery, since The Beginners' Place is more designed to be a Q&A forum, whereas the galleries are ... well: galleries where to show one's pics. OK?

8. photoman720

photoman720 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks everyone. The flower was just a random shot when I got home. I will got back sometime and re-shoot when the sun isnt at a horrible angle.