Some pointers about my photo's please

I like the tight crop. I like the "nothing" background. In most of the shots, I don't like that the subject coloring/brightness/etc. resembles the background and blends into it.

I was going for that "Venture" style photography. Using a white background. How would you go about making the subject jump out more?

I always sharpen the eyes pp. It's AMAZING the difference. Here is just one example that you can see the eyes are sharper after pp. Atleast to my eyes...I'm still "developing" them! :sexywink:

3843520764_db70c517d0.jpg

3843521684_cbc4d92149.jpg

Well, everyone's style is different...yours must be soft and flat becuase that's what the original looks like to these eyes :lmao:

Dan, if you don't mind I can show you using the b/w photo you posted. A little popping out without ruining your "grey" tones and sharper eyes. Although, you may like the original better it can just give you an example. That's the thing about this site....we ALL have different ideas on what makes a good photo. Besides a few golden rules it's all personal choice! :)

Before you start post processing photos, you might want to calibrate your monitor. I'll bet that your monitor and my monitor are showing these in 2 very different ways.

When I first got into photography I checked on my monitor and from websites that have you look at white and black scales, etc my monitor is pretty darn close....BUT it has not been done with a program or anything. My photos do print pretty much on target though, so I haven't worried too much about it, but you are absolutely right. I was just giving you a hard time anyway, although I'm sure you know that! :) I hope all my photos don't look like shat to you!?!?!?!?

hahaha I am sure it's just personal preference. I hate when things look over processed. I also hate when things look underprocessed. That's probably why I am happy with about 5% of the photos I take.

If your shooting portraits try shooting at a further distance from your subject. Your DOF(depth of field) is more forgiving(from a sharper perspective) when you are further from the subject especially if in auto mode since you have no control over the settings. This might help reduce some of the softness in your shots.

I think the reason I've shot from so close is the White background I use Is quite small! But I suppose I could shoot from further away, then crop after! Thanks for your comments.

Wow! What a difference! So what did you change? Well, how did you change it?

Yea it really brings out her lashes! Like I said before I haven't edited my photos! So I better start!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back