Some portraits for C&C please

Dori is a very pretty girl. You've done pretty well with the environmental portraits.

Two things I noted straight off as a viewer, I am much more inclined to go directly at looking at her face in the images where she has more clothing on. Excessive skin tends to draw the viewer away initially and then at some point look at her face. This is my opinion only and your requirements for the shots may well have different applications. One more nit.... I really don't care for the bra showing under the top, especially a different color.

Secondly, Dori has a round-ish facial structure. One thing you can do to slenderize and lengthen is to shoot with short lighting. This means to shoot on the shadowed side of her face.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Kudalini! Yeah, Ive noticed the more skin being shown, the more the eyes wander and don't anchor to the face. I've been trying to avoid that.

The short light thing is great, I'll keep that in mind, thats something I didn't know.
So since I'm a natural light person. Would shooting on the shadowed side , make the face too dark or is there something im missing?

I'm still using a point shoot & shoot (fuji s1500) so I dont have any accessory flash and I never use pop up flash

Yeah, I told her to try and place the bra strap under the shirt strap in a few photos. after while i began to forget or not notice. thanks though I'll remember next time.

So since I'm a natural light person. Would shooting on the shadowed side , make the face too dark or is there something im missing?
You could/should use a reflector opposite side of the sun to add back in enough light so that details can still be seen, just in the shadow. White reflectors add a softer reflection and silver provides a more constrasty light. But to be perfectly honest, I haven't had the opportunity to shoot portraits of dark skinned individuals yet, other than street/PJ type shooting. I really don't know if there is a better resolution, reflector color-wise. :( Perhaps others can answer that better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back