Some PROM pics

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by marthemar, May 18, 2007.

1. marthemar

marthemar TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    These are of my neice before Prom. I am just getting into photography, so any critiques or suggestions are welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EJBPhoto

EJBPhoto TPF Noob!

Nice shots :) I'll CC two parts of these.

1. The rule of thirds :) Read up on it. Its actually not visually interesting in photographs to center your subject. Strange eh? All along we try for that only to find out you're not usually supposed to!

2. Catch lights in the eyes are usually wanted because they animate the eyes more- they seem happier- they are just more appealing. To get catch lights, you usually would turn your subject so they're facing a light source. Because the sun can make them squint, making your subject face an illuminated white building or an open part of the sky can achieve catch lights. Just start looking in their eyes and if you see light, you'll have a much better photograph most of the time.

3. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    These are beautiful! Love the poses. I think some cropping will help with the composition. I see your photos are ok to edit so i played with them a little. Not everyone likes contrast added but I thik it makes pics like these seem more romantical! LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. marthemar

marthemar TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for the input. The edits made these look a lot better. I have Adobe PS, so I will have to start playing with the contrast a little. Thanks again.

5. NJMAN

NJMAN TPF Noob!

Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice edits kathi! The tighter crops were good because it eliminated a lot of the blownout folliage in the background nicely.

The biggest thing I agree with is to make sure their faces are brightened up with some kind of spill light, so that it offsets the bright sunlight in the back. Even a fill flash would have been okay in this instance, but not too strong. Overall not bad at all. But watch the harsh shadows on the face from the sunlight. :)

NJ