Some PS - HELP

Heather Koch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My client wanted a photo of her youngest daughter blowing bubbles, as there were plenty of her other daughter (see picture below)... BUT the thing is her youngest was very fussy and didn't want to leave her mothers side, so the only one I have is this one and it is cropped way down. The mother doesn't want her hand in the image so I tried my best to photoshop it out...

I was wondering if its very noticeable? If so, could someone help me out? PLEASE?!

THANKS IN ADVANCE, I appreciate it all! :)

Attachments

• DET_0150-33print.jpg
    DET_0150-33print.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 186
Also the print size is only a 5x7

I don't think this works as-is. You might be able to crop the right side more to get mom's scarf out of the picture but her hair is blowing towards the little girl and still in the picture. I think you'd have to crop the left side way down too because this way the balance is way off, she's so far to the right of the frame.

I'd adjust contrast I think too, the sky looks bleached out and it looks more grayscale than B&W. I think the thing is, taking on clients too fast or too soon leaves you trying to get what the client wants and not having the photos you need or struggling to be able to do that. This is why I think it might be better to take time to develop skills a little further first to be able to be successful.

Sometimes kids can be at that stage where they don't want to move away from mom with someone around who's a stranger to them. I've found if you chat with mom etc. as she gets comfortable with you the child may become less apprehensive. Or if you have some interesting toy(s) sometimes you can get them interested in that. Or sometimes a child does better following a direction from the older child who can be your 'helper'. Or if the kid's just not having it, maybe get in close enough (and/or use a longer lens) and have mom lean a bit away from time to time to get just the child.

The mom actually likes the crop a lot. She thought this looked excellent, but I am not satisfied. They are actually my cousins, so I know them very well. The thing was this photoshoot was just supposed to be a 4th generation photoshoot and I quickly grabbed that blanket and the bubbles to capture some "action" shots, then the mom sat down with them and wanted a family photo. They didn't intend on wanting individual pictures of the girls but what I had they were pleased with so they ordered some...

My question is, is this OK to sell as a 5x7? Or is the photoshop not good?

Hows this? I like this ten times better...

Attachments

• DET_0150-33print.jpg
    DET_0150-33print.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 148
There's no detail in the lower part of the jacket and there are artifacts on the right side of the image.

There's no detail in the lower part of the jacket and there are artifacts on the right side of the image.

Are you referring to the newest picture I posted or the first one?

I don't think this works either for reasons mentioned. I wouldn't try sell it myself but that's just me.
Even the last edit fails. That's not a good crop.

I don't think this works either for reasons mentioned. I wouldn't try sell it myself but that's just me.

Yes the crop is horrible, but is the PS work okay? The client loves the crop... So as long as they are pleased. Its a 5x7 I'm not too worried. And Im going to re-shoot some shots for them anyways.

How bout something like this?
15248901994_d1eb494db1_ocopyflip_zpsc4c956e2.jpg

Yes the crop is horrible, but is the PS work okay? The client loves the crop... So as long as they are pleased. Its a 5x7 I'm not too worried. And Im going to re-shoot some shots for them anyways.
Yes, your work looks good. Original image is a bit soft and the net around the waist throws off the lower sweater. If you re-shoot it would be nice to get the eyes sharp.

Most reactions

Back