Some query on product photography

Thanks for the table suggestion. I think I will currently shoot with the gear I have and post the pics over here.

Do you do any post processing? You can fix your white balance, and make a few other edits, in there?

Ideally, you'd want to get it as good as you can in the camera, but sometimes post processing helps a little...

(I'm not sure of the exact shade of glasses, so I may have oversaturated :p)

glasses.jpg

Hi all,

I am a complete beginner in product photography. I have the following gear, Canon 1200D and a 18-55mm lens. I am using the P200 Photo Studio in a box to take some photographs. The below is the result I am getting. Which is not that great as per my view. So how can i take my product photography to the next level please suggest.

Learn how to do focus stacking, so you can get good, deep depth of field on the products. If you're not comfortable doing clipping path or drop-shadow work, you can FTP images and have the work done in a day or two, offshore, like from India, for 99 cents to $1.99 an image. If you're running an actual, for-profit business, a buck or two per image is peanuts.

Photo Editing Service | Offshore Clipping Path

Do you do any post processing? You can fix your white balance, and make a few other edits, in there?

Ideally, you'd want to get it as good as you can in the camera, but sometimes post processing helps a little...

(I'm not sure of the exact shade of glasses, so I may have oversaturated :p)

View attachment 119824

It seems much better than the one i have edited. Can you let me know the settings for the same.

Actually, I have edited the images in photoshop. Below attached are the ones I have clicked. If you see in the below image they background has not come so white. Also, the shadow below the spectacle is pinkish.:)

Attachments

• IMG_8977.JPG
    IMG_8977.JPG
    994.1 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_8975.JPG
    IMG_8975.JPG
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 181
It seems much better than the one i have edited. Can you let me know the settings for the same.

Actually, I have edited the images in photoshop. Below attached are the ones I have clicked. If you see in the below image they background has not come so white. Also, the shadow below the spectacle is pinkish.:)
I used Lightroom only. Didn't see a big need to go into Photoshop. I did not do any spot removal. I'm not in front of my computer, but I'm pretty sure I changed: white balance, exposure, contrast, shadows, whites, blacks, vibrance, saturation, noise reduction, and a bit of the dehaze tool. Those were edits on top of your own edits. I'm not sure what the RAW file looked like, though?

I'm a little confused about the "Ethan Jack" versus the "Value". I guess I had assumed Ethan Jack was already in there, but you've edited out the "Value" and put in "Ethan Jack"? Why?

Actually, I am trying the photo shoot on a dummy product and wanted to see how my logo will look on the same. Once my product is ready will shoot the actuals. Thanks for the info on editing btw.

My current shoot pics. Can't understand where i am going wrong. I can't get the whole background to be exact white.:(

Attachments

• IMG_9554.JPG
    IMG_9554.JPG
    430.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_9555.JPG
    IMG_9555.JPG
    424.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_9556.JPG
    IMG_9556.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_9557.JPG
    IMG_9557.JPG
    433.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_9558.JPG
    IMG_9558.JPG
    386.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_9559.JPG
    IMG_9559.JPG
    385.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_9567.JPG
    IMG_9567.JPG
    579.7 KB · Views: 172
I dunno, I probably wrecked it, but here is one amateurish attempt:

IMG_9554 - Version 2.jpg

View attachment 120241

The editing looks good. But if you see the image that i have clicked the front is in focus whereas the back part is not in focus even though i have kept the f-stop till 9. Is there any other way other than focus stacking to make the whole picture in focus.

View attachment 120241

The editing looks good. But if you see the image that i have clicked the front is in focus whereas the back part is not in focus even though i have kept the f-stop till 9. Is there any other way other than focus stacking to make the whole picture in focus.

Did you try a smaller aperture?

Study depth of field. If you can't get enough with the current focal length+distance+aperture, then you have to focus stack.

Most reactions

Back