Some questions about my first roll taken with the new camera

Axel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
OK. I have a Nikon N50 which I bought 2nd hand and it's fine for me I think...
Today I got the pictures developed and printed and there are a few things that I wonder about and I will try to be as specific and clear as possible.

• 1. When I used a quilt as a background (just for experimenting) it turned out a little more blue than it actually is. It is an olive green quilt, but there was more blue in it at the print. Is that due to the print or due to the flash? Or is it just me that sucks? :cry: I used an Kodak Gold ISO 200 (expires 04/2006) film and needed to use flash (camera was set to automatic BTW) since I don't have a tripod.

• 2. Many pictures seem very slightly overexposed. It's very slightly, but I would like more color to the faces for example. Most of the pictures have been taken with the built in flash (we've had some cloudy days here lately) and with the manual setting on the LCD menu on top of the camera. Faces tend to be pale, not much but just a notch or two...

Thanks for any suggestions!

I should actually add that instead of pale, some picture are like faded. Not much at all but enough to bug me...

Axel said:
it turned out a little more blue than it actually is. It is an olive green quilt, but there was more blue in it at the print. Is that due to the print or due to the flash? Or is it just me that sucks? :cry:

The light from electric flash is somewhat blue. Use a skylight or warming filter to compensate.

ksmattfish said:
The light from electric flash is somewhat blue. Use a skylight or warming filter to compensate.

Thank you ksmattfish,

No the "only" thing left to do is to choose a filter... And it's not like there are only a few of them out there. :shock:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back