Some random London...

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Few shots taken recently(ish) which I'd forgotten about...

Thames & London Eye again
thamesborder.jpg

Tate Modern Turbine Hall, even the static parts are a bit blurred... I kinda like it anyway...
tateborder.jpg

London Eye
londoneyeborder.jpg

London Eye and UK weather!
londoneye2border.jpg

#1 is ok, lacks something but I'm not sure what.
#2 is better than anything in the Tate Modern
#3 is fantastic
#4 is great, but I'm a sucker for rain drops

Woah thanks Andy!

I thought the same about the first photo as well... in general I like the comp with the wheel off to the right but I think the left of the photo needs something more to look at... maybe a nice tall building says the architect in my head!

And yes, the Tate is rather disappointing!... but I find the scale of the turbine hall pretty breathtaking! The third irritates me a bit cos its not quite symmetrical... I attempted a fix but ended up preferring the original... hmm.

#3 is a very cool image for black and white, good choice

The standouts for me are #2 (the Tate - love that shot) and #4 (I really like the look of the in-focus raindrops against the fuzzy module). The clouds in #1 are really nice, but I agree there's something missing or 'un-balanced' about the shot.

Thanks guys, I sort've dismissed these shots when I took them but upon rediscovering them decided I quite liked 'em!

Appreciate the feedback...!

The last one is just amazing. The drops on your lense are amazing, are they actually on your lense or on a platter in front of the lense or something (sorry, new to photography)?

The photo was taken on the London Eye (photo before the last), which is like a supersize ferris wheel with glazed capsules in which groups of people go round the wheel and look out over the London... so what you're looking at is a photo taken inside a capsule rain droplets running down the outer face of glass, and in the background is the next capsule on the wheel...

Thanks LP for the potm nomination!! :biggrin:

no probs, funny thing is that its the 2nd one of yours I've nominated that has rain in it :lol:

Most reactions

Back