Some random pics for C&C

Mr. Murmeli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

This first one I took several months ago and decided to photoshop it. I kinda like it but don't know if anyone else sees anything in it :confused:

15survival2.jpg

This was originally just a test shot with my bride and joy, Zeiss MF lens.

kuusamo2.jpg

And this last one I took when i was fishing in Northern Sweden. This picture is actually my current wallpaper on my computer screen. (That's why the aspect ratio is 16:10 ;))

kiiruna.jpg

Comments and critique are greatly appreciated!

This was originally just a test shot with my bride and joy, Zeiss MF lens.
If you're married, I hope your significant other doesn't see that. :)
1 - I like it, I'm pretty new to this photography thing, but I like the isolated coloring.
3 - I literally said wow, when I scrolled down to it. I could only be so lucky to see something like that here in Florida...

The third is my favorite of the three. WOW...

Thanks for your... well support :D . I really appreciate it that you guys like those and name your personal favourite.

But no critique??

#1...ehhhh. not a fan at all. The colorizing is too random. IMO, when you are going to do selective coloring, it has to serve a purpose....that picture would have been fine in just b/w with no selective coloring.
#2 is amazing, I would hang that up on my wall =)

#1...ehhhh. not a fan at all. The colorizing is too random. IMO, when you are going to do selective coloring, it has to serve a purpose....that picture would have been fine in just b/w with no selective coloring.
#2 is amazing, I would hang that up on my wall =)

Thanks for your opinions! That's exactly why i posted this first picture: i wanted to see if there's anything in it. I can easily understand your point about selective colours and i guess your right. In plain B&W it looked a bit booring to me so i tried that selective thing to liven it up a bit but i guess i failed :D.

Thanks for your... well support :D . I really appreciate it that you guys like those and name your personal favourite.
But no critique??

Seems that there are less and less actual critiques on the forums in the past little while :(

#1 I agree with the selective colouring comment. If you selective colour something, it needs to truly add to the image and enhance it in some way. You have to be selective about Selective colouring. In your case, it doesn't work. If you had a bee on a flower or something (even that, I'm not sure).

As with HDR, selective colour is a neat thing that people learn to do and then overdo.

#2 is a stunning image, love the colours and the overall composition. A bit too much darkness at the bottom for my taste, but really nothing that really hurts the image

#3 I'm not a fan of. The colours / saturation and sharpness are nice, but I dont like the composition. Foreground interest is fine, but it needs to be a bit more obvious that pieces of shrubs or whatnot at the bottom of the water. So either backing up to get more of the foreground or moving up to get less of the water (but leaving a bit at the bottom) might help... the moving up would ensure the viewer focuses on the mountains and sky, while now, I'm not sure if I should look at the water, the mountains, the foreground.

But all in all, 3 really nice shots.

#1 I agree with the selective colouring comment. If you selective colour something, it needs to truly add to the image and enhance it in some way. You have to be selective about Selective colouring. In your case, it doesn't work. If you had a bee on a flower or something (even that, I'm not sure).

As with HDR, selective colour is a neat thing that people learn to do and then overdo.

#2 is a stunning image, love the colours and the overall composition. A bit too much darkness at the bottom for my taste, but really nothing that really hurts the image

#3 I'm not a fan of. The colours / saturation and sharpness are nice, but I dont like the composition. Foreground interest is fine, but it needs to be a bit more obvious that pieces of shrubs or whatnot at the bottom of the water. So either backing up to get more of the foreground or moving up to get less of the water (but leaving a bit at the bottom) might help... the moving up would ensure the viewer focuses on the mountains and sky, while now, I'm not sure if I should look at the water, the mountains, the foreground.

But all in all, 3 really nice shots.

Really thanks for your advice! This was helpful!

I already learned my lession about the selective colours. But your critique about the composition in the third picture was useful. I don't quite have the eye for those kinds of things yet.

I'm glad though that i managed to do something right with the second picture :) . It's actually cropped from a slightly larger pic because I didn't see the original as good as this.

I rarely shoot just 1 image of something, as there is always something you can miss. :)

Most reactions

Back