Some random pics...

ckrieg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photos.gad.ca
This was my first attempt at an HDR shot off my balcony:

city.jpg

A shot of the water feature in our backyard, didn't turn out as I had hoped though. I'll have to take it from a better angle next time.

water.jpg

These panos this small don't really do them any justice tho. They look at LOT better in high res and I ended up making it to the top quite a bit later than I had hoped so the air wasn't as cool and the sun was higher :(

pano297-304small.jpg

pano345-351small.jpg

A shot of my car and the girlfriends:

IMG_4334asmall.jpg

The angle seems fine in the water feature pic but the light is way too blown out. Maybe shoot it again and have some one pull the plug just after you trip the shutter on a long exposure. Cool shots!

^ I know....pulling the plug is an interesting idea though. Because there really isn't any other light near there what would illuminate it. I'll have to give that a shot!

^ haha no worries. All of the city shots (including panoramas) are of Kelowna, BC, Canada. It's about 400km from Vancouver with a desert like climate. Up to 40 degrees celcius in the summer, and usually no where less than -5 or -10 in the winter, with minimal amounts of snow (usually around 2-5 inches)

Tourism Kelowna Website: http://www.tourismkelowna.com/
City of Kelowna Website: http://www.city.kelowna.bc.ca/

If you ever want to move here, let me know and I'll find you the perfect house :)

Your panos here are fascinating ... I have never done any stitching before so this is still all awe-inspiring to me! I believe they are much more impressive in high resolution. The fence in the first of the two is a bit (read: quite much) distracting, though.

The HDR ... hm... other HDRs that I have seen here have always been much sharper, crisper, sometimes on the brink of being so sharp they began to look like pencil drawings. Not so here. Now HDR is as alien to me (still) as is stitching, so I still am in awe whenever I see one ... but wouldn't upping contrasts and putting on a bit of unsharp mask (USM) help the top picture, you think?

LaFoto said:
Your panos here are fascinating ... I have never done any stitching before so this is still all awe-inspiring to me! I believe they are much more impressive in high resolution. The fence in the first of the two is a bit (read: quite much) distracting, though.
Thank you! I know the fence is distracting. I thought about taking it out (same with the undevelopped and paved cul-de-sac), but I didn't want to make the picture any thinner than it already was

LaFoto said:
The HDR ... hm... other HDRs that I have seen here have always been much sharper, crisper, sometimes on the brink of being so sharp they began to look like pencil drawings. Not so here. Now HDR is as alien to me (still) as is stitching, so I still am in awe whenever I see one ... but wouldn't upping contrasts and putting on a bit of unsharp mask (USM) help the top picture, you think?
Yea, I know, like I said, it was my frist one, so it was quite the experiment for me. I think that the 4 or 5 images that it was didn't line up quite right giving it that blurry look. I will try upping the contrast and USM when I have some time. Thanks for the idea and comments! :)

Most reactions

Back