some random shots with my nikon d40

I'm not sure where you guys are at in NJ, but there is a place in MD called Conowingo Dam. It's an awesome place to get pictures of Eagles and other Raptures. If you're on the east side it may be a day long trip.

I guess it would be an 1 hour 30 minutes from say Trenton? It's really amazing just to see them in the wild. You need a long lens tho.

http://www.harfordbirdclub.org/conowingo.html

its ridiculous!!! anyone know the reason? PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT A CRIME. all the ones you listed as your favs i think our my favs too! although i disagree about the b&w on 16, my fav part of that pic is the colors.

oh and i am from south jersey, us =)

corporate spies. (or something like that)

people from other supermarkets and stores and things hire photographers or send spies to other stores to see what's up. This is frowned upon by the stores management...so they probably thought you were them.

If you ask ahead of time though, I'm sure they'd be fine with it.

here is a pic i ttok of those flowers from earlier when they wilted. i photoshopped it. besides the bottom border merge and me needing to have a more sturdy hand with the brush tool, what do you think?

columnetc062copy.jpg

i like the middle cuz it looks like it goes on forever and the colors are pretty trippy.

well anyway do you like it?

I love the colors! The middle reminds me of that sand monster in star wars, if you fall in, the billions of teeth swallow you in!

the coloring isnt bad but id be interested to see what the picture was like before you added the color.

anyone know the reason?

You could be taking pictures for any number of reasons:

Competitor looking for documentation of instore prices, display setups, etc; could be undercover reporter doing an investigative report; pervert; terrorist - etc. etc. They have no way of knowing your true intentions, no matter how much you protest. The obvious solution is to Nike it up and just do it - but do it with a bit more subtlety.

They all seem rather snapshotty.

First dSLR and they are snapshotty? Why, I've never heard of such a thing!

for a photograph to be good it has to be thought out

Respectively disagree.

well im sure if i was pretty interested in how they arranged their oranges or how they priced them, i could have just wrote it all down.

a lil tempted to go into my local wegmas now where half my friends work and start snapping away and see what they say hehe

wegmas what a strange name for a store.....looking at these you seem to have travelled a bit of distance in the last few months in terms of skills but a few of these have a particular quality and you seem to be building on that with later posts.

a lil tempted to go into my local wegmas now where half my friends work and start snapping away and see what they say hehe

you totally should. its a shame because the grocery store has such beauituful colors. my mom works at acme maybe i should go in one day and ask if i could take pics.

and thanks roger =)

Most reactions

Back