some randoms...

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As always...constructive comments and criticism welcomed. I appreciate any kind words that come my way, but feel free to be honest and to post edits if you feel so inclined. I only ask that criticism is explained so I can learn from it :sillysmi:

The weather has been awful here lately...so I've been trying to get creative around my apartment... I've spent most of my time outdoors taking photos of things that are already interesting and pretty...I was trying to step out of my box and take a challenge. So....have at it ;)

ceilinglightvs2.jpg

candlesfs6.jpg

bwglassdo9.jpg

#4...a special guy reading the morning paper
dadpapercopybw6.jpg

Cheers!

2 is probably my fav. also, i actually took one almost identical but with a different type of candles last year, it turned out pretty sweet. Fire is fun to photograph
by the way, i like your new avatar!

#2 is my favourite. I like the perspective of #1 and the ceiling texture

Thanks for your comments :sillysmi:

So, what is it about 2 that makes it a favorite? ooor actually, what about the other 3 which make them not so strong?

by the way, i like your new avatar!
Thanks tony :)

i like 2 because i like fire... lol, and i just like the overall look of it, kind of mysterious and grainy. the other three i didnt like as much i guess....
1- its cool, but i guess ceiling light fixtures just dont invoke a real response for me...
3- kind of the same thought as number 1, just not real interesting to me. sorry
4- i like this one, but something seems wierd about it.. like its posed or something. I'm thinking maybe true black and white could help, but i'm no expert. just seems like ... i dont know... it doesnt grab me i guess... did you do some sort of diffuse glow on it?

- sorry if any of these sounded mean or anything, you've seen my pictures and i'm sure you know i'm not exactly the best at this stuff either, wich is why i sort of feel bad commenting negatively on them, because truthfully, what would I have done if taking these pictures? i dont know

No need to be sorry at all! I appreciate your honest responses :sillysmi:

4 actually wasn't staged...I realize it looks really unnatural...which is kind of why I took it. It was really early on a Sunday morning and my dad was already dressed for the day, looking right out of a Rockwell piece. (Imagine me sitting next to him still in flannel pjs :p) I agree it just looks "off". Behind his head is a huge, bright window...I tried to tone it down....but it gave it this weird glowy/halo effect. I couldn't do much to the contrast without totally blowing out his hand...maybe I'll mess with it some more...might just scrap it.

I appreciate the help :)

very nice but again lacking in the Otter department

#1 rocks by the way

i was watching "planet earth" (its presented by discovery channel and the BBC so you might have seen it?) last night and they had a whole section on otters! they gang up on crocodiles and bother them until they go away.

YAY for Otters!

Alright well I like them a lot...

#1 i like the natural vignetting i think that there is too much at the bottom though and it should be cropped to match the top.

#2 i really like the mood of this one... what were shutter speed and aperature on this one? I like how the light just falls off the candles and its black everywhere else

#3 I like this shot i really would like to see the whole cup but the hand is there..

#4 it looks straight out of a movie i really like it and the lighting is great

otters are coming soon to my local zoo! beside myself with glee!

Nabero, #4 is actually my favorite and doesn't look posed to me, but I think I'd also like to see plain b&w.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back