some randoms...

I like 1 and 2 the best. I also like the original one better since there's a contrast and bring more attention to the light. I think 2 is very creative and I love that composition. Number 3, I know it's a good photograph, I just don't know what it is so to me, it didn't draw that much interest.

Well...I'm definitely going to try to find some otters! Thanks for all the feedback--I really appreciate it! :sillysmi:

I think I'm definitely going to try to set up #3 again. I was actually just taking a break from the candles and taking a sip of water and saw how the light from the candle made the ice glow. I think I might put some more thought into setting it up again...

I just quickly made 4 in B&W...

c6e5bc54.jpg

Cheers!

I couldn't do much to the contrast without totally blowing out his hand...

Please no blowing of off the hand... Your dad looks like a good man, and I think that his hand would be much better on the end of his arm :lmao:.

As far as the pictures are conserned, actually I have to go against the grain and say #4 the best (and I would like it more if your B&W edit had a little bit more contrast). Because it has a peaceful Sunday morning right before church feel to me. It reminds me of my Sundays as a kid (minus the paper actually). It's funny you said that is was on a Sunday. #2 is my second but I think that #4 win out because I don't like how the last flame if cup off (I know that's really picky, but...). #1 is cool picture because of it's abstractness and I think it would work better as a B&W. I have the same feeling as everybody else does about #3.

Please no blowing of off the hand... Your dad looks like a good man, and I think that his hand would be much better on the end of his arm :lmao:.

haha yeh...i think he'd like to keep it ;)

#2 is my second but I think that #4 win out because I don't like how the last flame if cup off (I know that's really picky, but...)
Hey..it's picky but I actually thought something similar after looking at it for a while. Thanks for being picky :)

#1 is cool picture because of it's abstractness and I think it would work better as a B&W.
631e46e2.jpg

Thanks & Cheers :sillysmi:

Here's what I mean as far as your dad's picture... (instead of blowing up his hand I just burned it a bit :lmao: :lmao:)... Ok so that might be funny to only me because it's not my dad that getting burned.

I added a bit of constrast (+16 I think) in the form of a layer. Then I took the erase tool and erased the layer around the hand until it wasn't blown out. I then took the burning too and burned the hand a bit (I think that I might have gone over board just a bit but oh well). Does that help?

462303603_de68df654b_o.jpg

Looks a lot better! I guess I'm going to have to work some more on understanding layers (I'm working with an old version of elements...it should be pretty idiot proof, right?...I guess I'm a special brand of dense haha)...

But I have a bone to pick with you, Mr. BoblyBill! :grumpy: Who do you think you are burning my dad?! ;)

Looks a lot better! I guess I'm going to have to work some more on understanding layers (I'm working with an old version of elements...it should be pretty idiot proof, right?...I guess I'm a special brand of dense haha)...

But I have a bone to pick with you, Mr. BoblyBill! :grumpy: Who do you think you are burning my dad?! ;)

If if makes you feel any better I can put some bandages around it...

462336317_4fc899eaf9_o.jpg

I'm working with Elements 5 if that helps any.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

omg...has that been there the whole time? somehow i totally missed it!

I love the first one with this beautiful transition between light and shadow!

haha, i missed it too until now

Most reactions

Back