Some Real Skimboarding pictures

Cameron Cushman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nobody really understand what skimboarding actually is and has become. It isnt just running and chasing your board down the beach. A great way to describe it would be a combination of surfing while using skateboarding tricks. Running out to the waves and riding them back to shore.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0468-1.jpg

DSC_0576-1.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

damn...thats on the other coast...you dont see nothing but little 1 footer waves over here...im jealous.

BTW 6 is my fav....great color.

Thanks alot, i have alot of friends from the gulf who skim, a few buddies from naples actually. They come over here for most swells

Damn...I know some people that go over to the other coast....let's see...it's a long shot...but

jeff dalia....umm....a kid we call "castro" they ring a bell?

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! The waves look kind of big for me. I'd like those bunny waves the gulf has, toofpaste. :)

The shots are really good at capturing the moment, especially the one where he's sideways in the middle of the air.

BTW, if you know stuff about this, is it harder or easier to balance on that or a surfboard?

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! The waves look kind of big for me. I'd like those bunny waves the gulf has, toofpaste. :)

The shots are really good at capturing the moment, especially the one where he's sideways in the middle of the air.

BTW, if you know stuff about this, is it harder or easier to balance on that or a surfboard?

Surfboard is def. harder, balance is huge with surfing, and IMO it takes a lot more time to get used to. Skimmin is a lot more basic although at times, depending on the size of the waves it can be tricky too. As far as tricks goes...then skimmin might be harder because they incorporate alot more tricks...like the OP stated...its almost like skateboarding. Both need to be taken slow, but like most things you catch on quick.

Surfboard is def. harder, balance is huge with surfing, and IMO it takes a lot more time to get used to. Skimmin is a lot more basic although at times, depending on the size of the waves it can be tricky too. As far as tricks goes...then skimmin might be harder because they incorporate alot more tricks...like the OP stated...its almost like skateboarding. Both need to be taken slow, but like most things you catch on quick.

Cool. Skimming is on my list. I don't wanna do tricks though, I just wanna surf on one. But since I've never even seen the ocean before, I think that might be a prerequisite...

This, and snowboarding... Anyway, great set, OP!!!

Skimming is alot harder, i learned how to surf in two days and it took alot longer. Skimboarding requires so much more balance and alot more things. Style is a huge thing in skimboarding as well. I also skim and i am sponsored by a local store over here as well. And the castro name sounds familiar

Skimming is alot harder, i learned how to surf in two days and it took alot longer. Skimboarding requires so much more balance and alot more things. Style is a huge thing in skimboarding as well. I also skim and i am sponsored by a local store over here as well. And the castro name sounds familiar

Yeah, he's a tan as hell (what a surprise) curly hair- the skimboarder look- you know what I'm talking about. He's all into skimboarding, he goes to meets and comps and everything you can think of.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back