ill stick it all here...

20070216145246_ladybird2.jpg

20070216145227_ladybird.jpg

20070216145156_snowdrop.jpg

20070216144812_canary.jpg

20070216144717_details.jpg

20070216144642_flock.jpg

Thanks for looking

ive taken more then this but some of it has been with the club studio group and as i dont have release forms they're for portfolio and club competition use only.

I dig #3! The first two are a bit dark, but it might just be my stupid monitor at work, Ill check them again when I get home. The 'details' shot is clever!

great shots Duncan, the flock of birds is my fav

Nice series, duncanp. My faves are the flower (love how the stem 'fades away'), the sign (love the colour and textures), and the flock of birds.

They are all interesting, though I find all of them a bit dark. They could do with some brightening, I think. And my screen IS very bright ... I wonder what those think whose screens are as old and dark as my old one was (which is being used by my f-i-l now, and I always think "Oh God, you worked with THAT :shock:!?!?" when I see it).

The first two ... is it reversed lens macro of have you got a new macro lens?

They are all interesting, though I find all of them a bit dark. They could do with some brightening, I think. And my screen IS very bright ... I wonder what those think whose screens are as old and dark as my old one was (which is being used by my f-i-l now, and I always think "Oh God, you worked with THAT :shock:!?!?" when I see it).

The first two ... is it reversed lens macro of have you got a new macro lens?

i have a new macro :D

1 & 2 the depth of field is just too narrow. Lens needs opening up or shoot slightly further away to increase the depth of field. Using a macro at very close distance wide open is not a great idea because you only have a couple of mm to play with! Steppuing back and cropping the image can work better. Further distance = more of tghe image at the same aperture will be in focus. Stopping down is a good idea too but I realise this would lower the shutter speed and you may not want this.

Cheers
Jim
I like 3 but slightly under exposed. Check the histogram and tweak the levels slightly.

4 & 5 are also pretty badly under exposed although I like the idea behind the "details" shot.

Last one is also underexposed and when tweaked looks better but it also shows up the dust on your sensor! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back