Some recents from me- various children.

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
One of my final shoots with my d70 :) I'm upgrading to the 5D in two weeks. Cannot WAIT for that. So excited. Anyway, here are some recent photos from me. I have some more from this weekend but I'm still working on proofing- I'll post them in a few days hopefully. I've hardly touched their eyes- they're really this sparkley. Thanks for looking!

(1) 50mm, RAW, 200, 1/640, f/2.8
Devon1copy2.png

(2) 50mm, RAW, 200, 1/640, f/2.8
dylan3copy.png

(3) 50mm, RAW, 200, 1/640, f/2.8
davis4.png

(4) 50mm, RAW, 200, 1/125, f/6.3
allthreecopy.png

Good grief...those eyes are beyond beautiful. Wonderful pictures :)

Very nice. And thanks for posting your settings for these. That helps me out a lot, anyway. Also what time of day was it when you shot these? and do you use a hand held meter or no? I'm guessing no because you shoot children a lot and they don't really give you a lot of time to be messing with that. LOL

I know I was so impressed when I saw their eyes- they look like little earths if that makes sense... Thanks for commenting! :)

Kathi, 2.8 is an awesome aperture to shoot at, especially on a 1.8 lens. It's very sharp and beautiful bokeh often times, although theres no backgrounds in these photos. I'll usually shoot anywhere in between 1.8 and 2.8. The wider the better.

I don't meter at ALL actually- not even with my camera. I do admit I sometimes just shoot in aperture priority (compensating at about +7 usually since my nikon under exposes) but a huge part of the time I shoot on manual and chimp. I don't recommend it, but it helps you get to know your camera really well. If I'm shooting kids I'm almost always in aperture priority and constantly checking my histogram because you can't trust your camera to not blow things on you. I would love to invest in a sekonic, but now that I'm buying the 5D I don't have much wiggle room for other things. I do shoot in RAW so I will tell you I always under expose a little by accident and just fix it in my RAW editor.

Finally, I shot these around 8 in the morning. I was trying to beat the sun from getting too high but I was way off. I had to find open shade for all of them and point them facing open sky to keep light in their eyes.

Oh wow :) I adore the last one, fabulous moment you've captured!

those are awesome! LOVE their eyes. Wonderful captures

Wow...nice job. Again thank you for posting you settings...it sure helps a beginner like me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back