Some retro/Hollywood glamour shots

TJPhotoGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did another retro/hollywood glamour shoot last night, this time with the talented model Danielle. She was fantastic to work with. I only had to request a turn here or an angle there, she basically just busted out tons of good poses. Makeup by Jennifer. As usual, polite CC&C welcome:

67953070.DUQxOvZJ.Image_2655_bw.jpg

67953071.24rAaJgS.Image_2679_bw.jpg

My personal favorite:

67953074.t9h7E8HM.Image_2688_bw.jpg

67953082.rNGe1T0d.Image_2696.jpg

67953088.GNWkJ1P9.Image_2711.jpg

Thanks

Wow... These are really, really good. They have inspired me :) Each shot is great, but I really enjoy 3 also.

How impressive! They are all good. I particularly like how you arranged the elements in #1. The light seemed a bit uneven on the face part, but that might be my impression only. The expression in #4 is stunning!

tsienni said:
The light seemed a bit uneven on the face part, but that might be my impression only.

"Even" lighting is evil - appropriate use of shadow gives three dimensionality. This was a butterfly lighting setup in most of these. Lighting for Hollywood glamour shots like these and producing this feel is imho a bit more difficult than typical portraiture.

Thank you very much for the compliments guys!

Yeah lighting is probably the thing I concentrate on most :) I read, study and try very hard, and practice a lot. There were 4 lights in the first setup, and three+bookend in the last one. Everything was set up for this style of shoot from the get-go, including colors, makeup, everything, knowing they would become B/W shots in the end.

I did very little retouching here; these were almost "straight out of the camera." Just some minor skin touchup, very little, and zero skin smoothing.

Thanks again

Nice Images. I favor them all.

Brilliant shots... i am loving them... poses, clarity, composition, dress, expression... makeup (thumbs up to the artist!) and to the photographer... you are great... cant wait to have my studio and lighting set up to try crackers like these!!!! x

These pictures are great! I love the contrast. My favourites are #2, #3, and #5.

Thanks again guys! Much oblighed.

MommyOf4Boys said:
Fantastic work!!

Thanks guys! Yeah I would say that this genre is probably my best; I can really "feel" the mood of these, as corny as that may sound :)

Most reactions

Back