Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think?

DSC_0236.JPG DSC_0264.JPG DSC_0269.JPG

I like the lighting on the 1st and 2nd ....the tones on the 3rd look wrong
2nd one for me is the best one....love the mood
the other two look like you were thinking to much "I have to do something with my hands"

#1-processing looks too hot and you have Cro-Magnon-like eye ridges due to the lighting pattern #2-B&W looks muddy and the side-gaze is a negative. #3 has a fabulous lighting pattern, but the processing is too low in contrast to make the shot sing.

Basically #1 I would say bin, you look awful in that pose and that lighting set-up: #2...don't show to anybody #3-GREAT potential if the processing is re-done.

Haha, I've been receiving mixed reviews.

The first one is actually my personal favorite, the eye ridges being part of the reason, and I got creative with post processing.

And #3 is actually my least favorite haha. I was just trying to go for a matte look. My trial to Perfect Photo Suite 9 just ended so I tried doing it in PS and LR, without much success.

Here are two quick Lightroom edits. The problem, as I see it, is the brightness of the hand on the right hand side...that is a very bright object, in a critical part of the frame...I like these two looks overall, but didn't bother to adjust the hand...this is more of the look I envision for shot #3, in terms of color/toning, but with the hand adjusted in brightness so it's just right.
DSC_0269_Derrel's edit_2.JPG

This is a neutral-tone B&W rendering. I like this look much of the time. Seeing this now in TPF's white-white-white backdrop, I think it needs a tad bit more contrast...again, another example of the misguided Adobe software interfaces of modern times...
DSC_0269_Derrel's edit_1.JPG
Warmer tone...but the back of the hand is too bright...

I like the shots but the black and white ones more-so. I don't like all the blown-out light on your forehead but other than that, sound. I do agree that the pictures with your hands in are a little unnatural, but they're not overly bad, I think there is a lot of potential, and I like your haircut!

Just so you know, I probably shouldn't even give advice on the pics, they are still better than my recent ones, with my crap camera! I have the hands lazy eye and blown out light all over the place!

fF6nZ_T6.jpeg

Here are two quick Lightroom edits. The problem, as I see it, is the brightness of the hand on the right hand side...that is a very bright object, in a critical part of the frame...I like these two looks overall, but didn't bother to adjust the hand...this is more of the look I envision for shot #3, in terms of color/toning, but with the hand adjusted in brightness so it's just right.View attachment 97603
This is a neutral-tone B&W rendering. I like this look much of the time. Seeing this now in TPF's white-white-white backdrop, I think it needs a tad bit more contrast...again, another example of the misguided Adobe software interfaces of modern times...
View attachment 97604Warmer tone...but the back of the hand is too bright...

Those actually look pretty nice.

Thanks....yeah...I thought both processing approaches had positive attributes...the shot makes you look engaged with the viewer, friendly, approachable, and shows off the hairstyle, and gives a good look at your face and features...I think it's a pretty decent "promotional" type image of you. Best one I've seen of you...I would use the image on social media or in an "about me" type of blog use without fear of it looking weird.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back