Some Shots From The Willows

The Nine Deuce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hope this is the right section for these to be posted in. Looking for some feed back on them so please dont be shy.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

#1 - Really don't care for this shot...it's just a rusty sign on a tree. Sign is centered and the image is slightly underexposed.

#2 - This shot is a little better than the first. Still sort of centered and slightly underexposed again.

#3 - This shot doesn't do anything for me...it's stone steps. Not very interesting.

#4 - This is a better image because you took it from a different point-of-view and you filled the frame with the subject. I like being able to see the textures of the stones and moss. Exposure is pretty good.

#5 - I think this shot would have worked better in portrait orientation.

#6 - Nice shallow DOF but the flower is smack dab in the middle of the frame. Flower could be brightened up a bit.

What kind of camera are you using? What mode are you shooting in?

Thanks for the feed back. Im using a D60, still very new to it. I was shooting in programable mode.

I think 4 is your best shot, the colours are good and the composition is dead on.

I like the subjects in 1 and 2 because Ive got a soft spot for rusty things:lol:
In my view, composition in 1 could have been improved by offsetting the sign and cutting most of the tree out of the right hand side of the picture. In 2 the composition is quite good but the exposure is a bit off.

3 and 6 are a bit bring in my eyes, nothing too special about them. No. 5 could have worked a bit better is the sky wasn't so dull and as Samanax said, if it was in portrait instead of landscape.

Just my humble opinion :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back