Some Still life

duncanp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.duncanphilpott.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my dad made this at uni, its gone a bit rusty now and is quite photogenic...

20060117_0187e12.jpg

20060117_0208e.jpg

Thanks for looking

duncanp said:
its putting mine nearer the bottom :(

Duncan, me lad, I saw yours...that the thingy your dad made? It's a pretty nice shot...what exactly is it?

Oh, sorry dude, I'll repost this in your thread so it will get bumped.

Seriously, I like the first one better, but I would like to see it so the foreground isn't cut off...I think you could do it the other way and cut off the bit in the back and have the thing in the front fully in the frame.

Does that make sense?

OK, so the nut looking thing in the front of the contraption, ya? It's kind of cut off on the right hand side of the picture. But the tail (for lack of a better word) of said contraption is completely in the frame, albeit blurred, right?

Well, I'm thinking (for me, and remember that I'm a noob here) to move the thingy (or the camera) so the nut looking thing is fully in the frame, but if that means the tail is out of the frame on the left, it's ok.

does that make more sense.

OH, wait a minute...you got it the whole time...you just want more posts on your thread...I see how it works :lmao:

i seriously like the DOF in both. :thumbup: wished you hadn't cut off the end of the nut/bolthead in the first shot.

JonMikal said:
i seriously like the DOF in both. :thumbup: wished you hadn't cut off the end of the nut/bolthead in the first shot.

See, why is it that JM can say what I'm trying to say in 2 sentences instead of 2 posts like me?

Duncan, that's what I was trying to say.

Most reactions

Back