DSCF0866 by franklinrabon, on Flickr

3)
17113675272_0aaeaf80cc_b.jpg

4)
17114557761_6cbff5a676_b.jpg

5)
16929021419_dbc4c89387_b.jpg

Last edited:
1 is my favorite. It has a timeless feel to it. The interaction between the guy and the girls is good. His shoes OFF, and that seven-button shirt kind of untucked, smoking a cig..it just alm,ost says "end of the day," and her smile and delight with the print is great. Really a good,good photo, and will be forever.

Shots 2,3,5 are also decent. #4, the guy looking out of the frame and wearing denim leaves me cold. #5, that little 102 Ponce DeLeon bus route sign makes me smile a bit, as does the gum!

yeah #1 is real nice, prob Mr Denim would be next, I quite like this

With no 1 I do not quite like the shooting angle, I would probably want to stand (sit?) behind the woman.
I like no 2 because of the colors obviously, but it was cropped too tight for my liking. Probably you had to because of some obstacles, but those corourful spaces merit some looser trimming
No 3 is interesting but I would have stepped to the left, closer to those women on the forefront and lost that bag or whatever on the right.
No 4 is a nice street portrait. Bloody phones are killing these shots. You feel lucky to see a person with no phone in his/her hand. But here I actually like the tight crop. The guy reminds me of an Auguste Rodin sculpture.
The last one looks like a diver who put his snorkel into the wrong place.
just my 5 p. others may see it differently.

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for interesting use of color, so I love #2. It's kind of trippy because it almost feels like parts of two different photos.

I'm a sucker for interesting use of color, so I love #2. It's kind of trippy because it almost feels like parts of two different photos.
yeah, I had seen the guy earlier and thought he had an interesting look (image 5 is him from about 20 minutes earlier and across the street). And I had seen that spot a few times and thought it would be an interesting background. Then I saw him leaning against there and it came together pretty nicely, IMHO. The shot, for me, was definitely about the color.

I noticed the "WWJD" next to his head after the fact, and it was kind of fortuitous as a subtle thing that most people probably won't even notice.

#1 is the best of the set. #2 has some good things going for it but it feels too posed.

#1 is the best of the set. #2 has some good things going for it but it feels too posed.
ha, it was completely candid though, I actually shot it from the hip (hence the low angle of view) in burst mode while walking by. Some people look like they're ready for a photo shoot 24/7 I guess, haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back