Some sunrise photos

meganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are just some shots I took the other week, I'm no pro, I was just shooting random pics. I just wanted to see what other people thought.

1_filtered-1.jpg

1_filtered-4.jpg

1_filtered-7.jpg

1_filtered-8.jpg

I think the second one is the best of the lot because there is a fairly clear subject, the two trees, and the horizon is not in the centre of the frame.
If you want my advice (and you may not :) ), don't take random pictures. Before pressing the shutter release, look over the scene for a few minutes and think, "What is it I really want to show to people?" And then simplify your composition so that the viewer's eyes go straight to that subject. That's why picture number 2 is pretty good. There is almost nothing else to see but those two nice trees against the sky. In the other photographs, my eyes were wandering around, trying to find the focus of the picture.
Hope this helps and keep posting!

Yeah I know what you mean, I really wasn't planning on showing these to anyone besides family and stuff, so I wasn't really focused on getting a subject. Plus it was early in the morning, my brain wasn't working yet, ahah. It was kind of hard for me to get a set subject, I was trying for the sunrise, but trees and everything were in the way, so I tried to make it work. I agree though, I do like number two probably the most and it works better that it sort of has a focus.

Haha, yeah, I missed the sunset, so I made sure I got the sunrise :)

Most reactions

Back