Some Type of VGA connection needed

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by KnowMad, Sep 12, 2008.

1. KnowMad

KnowMad TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello All,

I work with a photographer at company and she is currently taking pictures of our products to place on our website. The problem is she has 100s of products to shoot, and her computer is rather far from where she is shooting. She wanted me to find some sort of connector to connect the camera straight into a monitor. The camera she is using is a Canon D-40. It has a usb out and a composite video out (yellow RCA) i was wondering if anyone knew of any adapters that have decent quality that could connect directly to a monitor while she is shooting to avoid going back and forth between the shooting location and her desk. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum. I assume you mean a Canon 40D...as opposed to the Nikon D40.

The RCA can go directly into a TV, if you have or can get one. The USB cable can go directly to the computer.

The 40D is compatible with the WFT-E3 WiFi grip.

3. KnowMad

KnowMad TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you Mike,

Unfortunately all i have is a monitor, no television or computer. Do adapters exist that go from composite video to VGA or USB to VGA? and if they do is the quality decent? The WiFi suggestion was a little over my head but i will forward her the response to see what she says.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You could try an adapter like THIS, I don't know if it will work or not.

Is all this really necessary? The 40D has a nice big screen anyway.