Some wall display questions.

lvcrtrs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wasn't sure the best place to put these questions. I've been asked to pull toghether some prints to put up for a display. I have a friend who says the lower level of a small store is used as a gallery for everyday people like myself. They said inexpensive frames and something under the prints to reference them is what they want.

So, I let 2 people pick pictures out as I'm sure I see them with a different set of eyes. What I found was that while many may be nice, in focus etc, good for my office where people come in and ooouu and ahhhh, they are not what I would think the public at large would appreciate nor purchase for wall use anywhere else.

With that off to Michaels and AC Moore for some inexpensive frames as the requester said he wanted 30+ pics. Question 1, what do you think about frames without mats? There's a good deal on 4-packs of simple black wall frames. ($15 w/o any sale/coupons, this week they are $10 and next week 40% off).

Another friend belongs to Costco and their printing prices are too good. She says she likes the quality so she helped me out with that ($1.49 for an 8x10, 30 some cents for 5x7). Kodak is $2.99 for an 8x10 and my friend from a camera store can only do $2.49 per print. You can see where this could quickly add up for someone not making a living with their photos.

Second question, what might they mean about the blurb under the photos? What would be the best way to handle that? I was thinking 3x5 cards on the plain side but I couldn't type on those.

I'm sure you can straighten me out of some of this. Thanks for the help.

Have you gone to the store to see the space yet, and to talk to the principals?

No, haven't seen anything. It's all through the request of someone at work who knows the place. I got a bunch of 8x10 frames, a pack of 8x8s as I have a few things with square crops and a pack of 5x7s. Some people like a few pics that won't print past 5x7 since they are big crops already. So no mats for anything. Just need to find out what is supposed to go under them and the best way to do that.

You need to size prints for the "space", I think your 10 x 8's and under will be far too small to have any impact in a store/gallery setting. H

Flash, thank you for the feed back, I appreciate it very much.

If I may add, you should at least have the frame cover a 16x20 area, even if the print is around 11x14 and you have a matt. like Flash Harry said, the other sizes might be too small.
unless you are only displaying on one wall and are scattering the prints all over, but still, It is more likely to sell one medium sized print than to sell a bunch of small ones. :D

For next time get mats, IMO pictures with mats look classier/more professional.
Find a card and print (some thing simple and legible) that will match the style of your frames and prints and a size that doesn't rival the size of the print but will also convey all information you want to convey.
(size, price, and title if applicable).

Good Luck!

Thank you erichards. The friend that ordered the prints for me got a 11x14 for herself. I can't believe the difference going up a size make in your eyes going wow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back