Some waterscapes

villej

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I would be intrested to hear what you think about these pictures, and how you think I could probably improve them.
IMG_0635_s.jpg

IMG_0638v2st_s.jpg

IMG_0640st_s.jpg

IMG_0642_s.jpg

Thank you

It looks like you have a lovely location here, but there is not enough detail in the dark part of the pictures. Do you have any shots where you were mainly facing the clearer sky? I think these might look better. Alternatively, you could crop out some of the dark areas. For example, crop about 1/3 off the right of picture #2 so the dark area only fills about 1/3 of the frame.

I would agree with flyingseale. These are a little dark. However, being in the storm and cloud photography myself, I know how hard it is to expose clouds and the ground so that everything is a least visible. It seems that if you expose for the clouds/sky (which looks like you did) the ground is extra dark, but if you expose for the ground the sky it too bright (blown out). In this series, I would probably experiment with different crops to make the dark areas work for you. Then lighten up the shadows a bit to get a little bit more detail in them. These are some good shots but could use a little work.

I agree about maybe bringin gout a little more detail in the dark areas.But other than that I really like these shots. I love the dark and gloomy atmosphere.:thumbup:

Thanks for very constructive comments. I agree too myself that the dark areas are a bit too dark. I'll see if I can do something to make the dark areas better. :)

Thanks for very constructive comments. I agree too myself that the dark areas are a bit too dark. I'll see if I can do something to make the dark areas better. :)

Try using the dodge tool in photoshop to bring out the detail in the shadows. Might help

Great series of pics.
Dee

I like #4. I like the half and half of the sky alot.
Very nice location also. I like the fog.

Thank you. :)

I edited the second picture a little:
IMG_0638v3_s.JPG

I think you've done a good job. More detail in the shadows makes them less distracting, but the whole effect is still moody.

The drama playing out in the atmosphere of the images is wonderful. Somehow I see them as calm yet feel a drama about to unfold due to lighting and color.

Regards,
Peter Witham

Very dramatic clouds I love them ! I would like to see a B&W conversion on 1&3 the snow should pop quite nicely and with some red saturation the clouds could be even more dramatic.

I appoligize for editing your image i just get a little excited with dramatic cloud images please tell me i can delete it.
I did a quick lightroom b&W conversion and increased the contrast a bit , with some work in cs2 this could be much better.
IMG_0635_s.jpg

Thanks. And no problem editing my images, I won't get angry for that. :)

I did a little BW edit of the same image, with a hint of a red tone added as you suggested:
IMG_0635redbw_s.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back