Some Weekend fun

karissa said:
Is that better Terri? I just updated the same pict to save server space.

Gee, you're good.... Chase should give you a cookie for being so considerate! :wink:

It IS better, there is definitely more detail in the tree. But comparing it to your color, there could be even more. It could still be a tad lighter, overall. Try lightening it a gross amount, until you definitely see all the grain in the wood, then start playing with your contrast.

This is where I get frustrated with digital images. I know it's possible to get nice-looking B&W's from color, and I think this image could be just dreamy if done by someone who is good at that. (I'm not!) :wink: But I think it calls for a different approach than plain ol' brighten/contrast in PS. I think you want to take it where you can adjust the RGB filters before you start seeing the real depth and various tones in a good B&W, if that makes any sense. :D

photong said:
The third sucks man. You need something more.
:lmao: Photong... Thanks so much for your opinion.. but please.. tell me how you really feel. :lol:

Terri: Um, yeah.. I used Voo's method for black and white. Well, one of them. I'll see if I can't work on it some more but.. this week is swamped already. :-/

Never saw a flower pic I didn't like and the others are neat too.

hey karissa,

finally got around to it :)

1. nice composition and colours are just lovely, if you really want to make the image 'pop' i would darken the leaves a bit whilst leaving the image - i can show you what i have in mind if you don't mind me working on it.

2. ok, i am prolly not the best person for pics like these cause sunflares get on my nerves for some reason. Its just me. I know they are perfectly normal part of the photograph but i just don't like 'em for some reason :) I really do like the composition though. I would darken the sky a bit to bring out the sun rays, and slightly lighten up leaves that frame the picture :)

3. I dig the b&w of it you posted here :)

nice stuff karissa

Thanks so much Von. My pictures are free for anyone to work on particularly you!

I will work on your ideas as soon as I can. I understand about the lens flair. I might try taking it out and seeing what it looks like. I like it and yet.. I don't.

DSC02532bsm22.jpg

I really didn't do much except darken the leaves (and a tad but of contrast i added thru curves). I think it makes the colours of the flowers stand out more. :)

Ok, so that is what it looks like for me in PS but when I posted it on the web as a jpg... it didn't carry over. Not really sure why. The others did fine but... this one just didn't like me and I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it. However, Vonn, I do agree with darkening the leaves. I will work on that. It looks great! Thanks for your valuable time!

Your first and second pictures are nice especially the darker version by von. In your second picture the sun may look better if you hid it more because it's really glaring with the direct sun light. Anyway that's just how I see it.

karissa said:
Ok, so that is what it looks like for me in PS but when I posted it on the web as a jpg... it didn't carry over. Not really sure why. The others did fine but... this one just didn't like me and I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it. However, Vonn, I do agree with darkening the leaves. I will work on that. It looks great! Thanks for your valuable time!
It's probably because of the color profile you have PS set to as default. Using the wrong color profile will give you different results. One quick way to way to check what your picture looks like on your browser is to click that little "blue globe" with a question mark near the bottom right when you are in the "save for the web" window.

It will open the picture in your default browser, but be warned that the image is what you see on your monitor. Every monitor is slightly or in some case drastically different in their displaying so it can be a lose, lose frustration altogether. The best we can do is get our pictures close to what most monitors see...

wow mark! That looks great!
I dig the b.w fence one to. I like the second one too, but I just find the lens flare too bright..
Number one rocks though! My fav :D

Harpper said:
karissa said:
It's probably because of the color profile you have PS set to as default. Using the wrong color profile will give you different results. One quick way to way to check what your picture looks like on your browser is to click that little "blue globe" with a question mark near the bottom right when you are in the "save for the web" window.
Ok, I have to convert all my pictures to Adobe RGB when I bring them in. Is that what you are talking about?

karissa said:
Ok, I have to convert all my pictures to Adobe RGB when I bring them in. Is that what you are talking about?
Well, it seems that you understand what I meant about color profiles, but you don't want to use Adobe RGB for the internet. You want to use sRGB 61966-2.1 because it matches the default color of most monitors.

After re-reading your post it's strange that your other pictures carried over fine and not this one. Did someone change your settings or were all the picture dones at the same time? That's actually a puzzler if the pictures were done at the same time and this one wasn't saved any differently.

Anyway, below is a picture of what I was talking about...that is if you use the "save for web" feature and not the regular "save as" command. When using the save for web command just press the button that I pointed to with the black arrow to see what your picture looks like on your browser. FYI, my description in my last post was what it looked like on a Mac but I've used a PC this time to get it correct.

ps2.jpg

vonnagy said:
I really didn't do much except darken the leaves (and a tad but of contrast i added thru curves). I think it makes the colours of the flowers stand out more. :)

How did you go about darkening the leaves? I'm trying to retrace your steps for learning purposes. I love your version!

Most reactions

Back