Some "wild" self portraits.....

Great series! I agree in that the shadows add to the shots! You have a brilliant style!

Cool photos, they are really creative! Photo #2 has less shadows but I think the shadows in the other pictures add a nice contrast. But there isn't really a right way or wrong way. Its what you like.

#1 Great tension and energy, but the crepe paper looks a bit like you're holding a sword. Partly because we see a tiny bit of your left arm angled upward and a bit of what looks like your left hand up there. And partly due to the intensity of your jaw... but, then we realize it's not a sword... ummmm... it's crepe paper - suddenly lost that great tension.

#2. Lovely, whimsical - maybe the crepe paper could be controlled a bit more, maybe added to in Photoshop - I'd like to see that top piece stream right across the top area of the image - twisting playfully. Maybe a fan would help or maybe if the image was taken so the crepe paper was actually hanging down so gravity shaped it and then turn that image sideways. And, if you're going for that carefree, dancer style look your head should be "laid back" more. See Bob Fosse.

#3. Yes, a bit more into the frame and keep the shadows.

#4. Better control of the crepe paper - again keep them out of the shoot and Photoshop them in after. The way to do this would be to shoot them under the same conditions, then you could isolate them and have control in a separate layer.

#5. You're not a model and this photo shows it. Nothing personal. Or, if you are this shot caught you off gaurd. If it wasn't for the makeup, this would look like a "snap shot." As someone else already said, control your shadow with your distance from the background. This shot could have worked with HUGE shadows for some drama.

Love the diretion, styleized look and intensity, now for the details.

Lovely,

Jay
photdoz.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back