Some Xmas Card Pics - C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Clancyz, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Clancyz

Clancyz TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Took these for my friend and his sister for their parents, since they are lacking money to buy something. I know the fence one is a little out of focus, but overall these were three good ones that looked decent when in smaller dimensions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    They are clear and the lighting is decent. However, I’d watch the composition.

I like #1 because its clean looking. Although the surrounding area that fills the rest of the picture is a bit blah to look at, but overall, not too bad.

#2 has some nice facial expressions, good job capturing those. Is the post normally crooked? Maybe getting him a little further off the post might have been good for the composition, kinda like how she is. I dunno, just some random thinking.

#3 is a great idea and I can totally see what you are going for, but again, I think there are some minor composition issues that should be tweaked. For starters, he has a tree growing out of his head, giving him a weird reindeer look. They both again have great expressions, and I like the use of the fence. Maybe moving in a bit closer to cut out some of the sky in the background, having them a bit more in the lower right hand corner (just a bit) so the fence might lead your eye towards them, instead of them mostly in the middle of the frame.

3. DavidSR

DavidSR TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I personally would have preferred the color versions since the pics. are for Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  4. jwsciontc

jwsciontc TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yeah i think i would have liked color too, and after reading that reindeer comment i laugh whenever i look at it!! but the clarity of the pictures arre impressive and the people are very photo-genic! if the tree wasnt in #3 it would be almost perfect!!

5. AlexColeman

AlexColeman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Color would be best.

6. Clancyz

Clancyz TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I suggested color, but they wanted black and white b/c of the frames they had already bought : /

7. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 is the best, but #3 is a no no see the tree growing out of his head always what the background