Somebodies Child.

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken on one of the most dangerous roads in the UK. I don't know who the flowers are for or what happened but I do know somebody cared enough to put them here.

I've been back to this spot 3 times now to try to capture what it means to me and still don't think I've got it yet but I think this is the closest so far.

somebodieschild3sg.jpg

Edit:- The hole is the center of the millstone which is a landmark of the Peak District National Park in the UK and this one stands at the beginning of the A537 (Cat and Fiddle Road) just outside Macclesfield.

Aww, but this is a beautiful photo in so many respects: texture, DOF, colours, framing, and story. I think it brings home to me, at least, what you mean to say and what you feel when you see this spot.

What makes me wonder is that hole in the stone... Why is it there in the first place? What kind of stone is this one, standing beside one of the busiest roads of the UK?

Strangely it's not a very busy road. It's just very challenging and kids in cars and on bikes quickly find out their limits on it with fatal consequences.:(

The hole is the center of the millstone which is a landmark of the Peak District National Park in the UK. I suppose I should have put this in the discription otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to people outside the area/UK!

I think your almost there, the rock on the flowers is kinda oppressive, a little morning or evening light may help.. Just some ideas. All in all a good picture.

I kind of like the pic, but it does seem to be a bit out of focus to me, it certaining speaks of a sad moment. perhaps if it were taken at more of an angle to show more of the post. Ernie

Plastic Spanner

if you didn't tell me about the road i would not have known. May be worth your while to try and include the road somewhere in the pic if you want to tell the whole story.technically there is nothing wrong with the pic. It just does not tell the whole story.

Nice pic Good exposure and DOF.

Hanno.

Most reactions

Back