Someone be my mentor?

You should pick up a history of photography book as well. Not only will you learn about where photography came from but also different styles and photographers. Id send you my copy but someone stole all my Photography books :(

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/WORLD-HISTORY-PHOTOGRAPHY-Naomi-Rosenblum/dp/0789209373/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276446894&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: A World History of Photography (9780789209375): Naomi Rosenblum: Books[/ame]

One of the world's better instructional photography writers died less than two weeks ago. His name was John Hedgecoe. He wrote a lot of books, which featured incredibly easy to understand illustrations of concept after concept and method after method. As a how-to teacher and writer, I think Hedgecoe's books were unmatched. You should do a search on him, and read his most recent obituary in the British Journal of Photography, if only to get an idea of how important this guy was in terms of photographic education. According to the obit, he was the first-ever professor of photography at any English university, back in 1975.

I've only ever seen two of his books at my local library but they are excellent ones. Nice mention, and I second the advice given here.

One of the world's better instructional photography writers died less than two weeks ago. His name was John Hedgecoe. He wrote a lot of books, which featured incredibly easy to understand illustrations of concept after concept and method after method. As a how-to teacher and writer, I think Hedgecoe's books were unmatched. You should do a search on him, and read his most recent obituary in the British Journal of Photography, if only to get an idea of how important this guy was in terms of photographic education. According to the obit, he was the first-ever professor of photography at any English university, back in 1975.

well i found this old book called "the photographic eye:learning to see creatively"
it has these little assignments the author gives and mentions what to look for in the photos for these assignments....that could be what you are looking for [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Photographic-Eye-Learning-See-Camera/dp/0871922835]Amazon.com: The Photographic Eye: Learning to See with a Camera (9780871922830): Michael O'Brien, Norman Sibley: Books[/ame]

Personally i found the book really useful but i don't know what the reviews are lol

Most reactions

Back