Someone inspire me!

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by BadRotation, Oct 21, 2005.

1. BadRotation

BadRotation TPF Noob!

I am getting sick of going to the same old places over and over again for photos, and it seems I have lost any inspiration.

I live in a small town, with not much around (except for the next town over, which is Flint, MI and is ghetto)

Anyone have any ideas on what to shoot in the fall? we are past peak, so everything is starting to get bland with not much color.

2. robinkay6573

robinkay6573 TPF Noob!

The weather is going to be crappy this weekend or I would say head to Detroit to the zoo. I always find zoo trips inspirational. They should still have a bit of color.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Do you have more than one camera? I like to switch cameras when I'm feeling a bit burned out. There is such a huge difference between my SLR and my Holga or Isolette, for instance, and the sudden perspective switch changes your mindset.

I shoot only film, so a change in film types is also a good way to try new effects, even when shooting the same location.

And why not give Flint a try, despite its rundown appearance? You could shoot B&W and get something pretty unique from such a place. Try it with a photojournalistic approach. :)

Hope any of this helps!

4. SLOShooter

SLOShooter TPF Noob!

Ghettos in the in the winter make for very powerful images.

Isn't that where Michael Moore is from?

5. BadRotation

BadRotation TPF Noob!

I am actually quite scared to take my camera into the ghetto since there are many shootings and murders each week over stupid stuff like cell phones.

Flint is pretty bad crime wise, so I just try and stay away from there.

Micheal Moore is actually from a couple towns over, but says he is from flint.

6. BadRotation

BadRotation TPF Noob!

I have a 35mm Rebel G2, along with the 20D BTW... I just need to find new subject material.

7. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

I've been taking a big interest in astrophotography lately if it isn't obvious enough. :D

When I get bored, I try to take pictures that I normally wouldn't get anywhere near before, like texture shots or abstracts. That's what got me into shooting super macro shots and I love doing that.

Or you could get yourself a polaroid and join the P-Team. ;)

8. shellz

shellz TPF Noob!

When I get bored with the same old things and places to shoot I change angle and perspective for some different and unusual shots. Also if digital pics beef up some unusual colours in photoshop and the like. Good luck:]

9. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    When I get in a rut, I pick an old crappy photo of mine that I hate. I import it into photoshop and 'make' it look good. Then I go out and shoot what I made.