Someone needs a macro lens

MarkXS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
and that someone is me. im looking for a macro lense for under 400 dollars. any suggestions? canon eos mount please.

Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM

On 'sale' right now at amazon.com for $420

20 over your price range but cmon..

Don't buy before others chime in. I don't know much about macro work.

What type of Macro shots are you interested in? Stationary objects? Insects?

I would also consider a Tamron 90mm Di. I shoot Nikon and have used it and it's an excellent macro lens. You can pick one up on ebay from a reputable seller for under $400 shipped (I got mine there for $270).

I love my Sigma macro lens. They make a 50mm 2.8 macro lens for $300 and a 105mm 2.8 for $479. I own the 105mm 2.8 and love it. It really is hard to find a bad macro though, or so I've heard. They all seem to be sharp, so it comes down to build quality and focal length.

Hope this helps,

Steve

If you can find a second hand Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro for under $400 I did and I love it!

One excellent macro that shows up on the used market frequently is the Tamron 90mm Macro. You should be able to find that in your price range. Be careful not to go to short on your focal length if you are planning to shoot insects. I'd say 90 is about the minimum I'd go with.

Canon just released their upgrade of the 100mm macro. You might be able to find one of the older ones used at a reasonable price (an outstanding lens).

what would be a really versatile focal length for macro?

what would be a really versatile focal length for macro?

It may depends on what you are trying to shoot most. In general, the 100mm range is very popular.

Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM, would be the 2nd best .. its around "$420"
Or if you would save till your over $550
The 100mm Macro would be the best ! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back