Something a little bit different from me.

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I would post a picture that is a little bit different style than what I usually post.

2603538640_47e4473f79.jpg

Very nice. Pretty & gentle looking.

I'm not very educated in giving critique, but I feel the need to say that the color in the clouds is great. I get something different from it than abraxas, with all due respect. When I see those dark heavy clouds, I think, "oh no, something bad is about to happen." But that's what's great about photography, its whatever you want it to be! :)

Thanks for sharing, sir. Your photos always put me on edge as a person who lives in the tornado belt (northern Arkansas here)

"Different"? In how far?
It is "big weather" ... and that's your speciality, isn't it? "Big weather", storms, storm clouds, all those threatening albeit super-interesting sights that would make me run... :pale: ... but you take photos of them!!! :thumbup:

But I do see that this is "only rain", and that this photo is VERTICAL as opposed to your weather panos. Is it that you call "different"?

Other than that, it is one more of your really good weather photos, for the rain really shows and I think you better run now, else you and your camera get ALL wet! ;)

In my dried up part of the desert here something like that is beautiful. Plants like the rain hard and fast. It could mean flowers and green and food for the wildlife for the entire year.

Now on the other hand, the stuff I usually see from BB, if that were to happen around here, there'd be a lot of running and screaming and driving off cliffs, and certainly a huge traffic jam on the freeway with SUVs packed with bawling yuppies banging their heads on the steering wheel. Not that I wouldn't find that interesting and somewhat amusing (I used to live in western Iowa). Eye of the beholder.

I'm not very educated in giving critique,

You give fine critique! She told me so herself. :D But all seriousness aside don't have a care about anything - you just keep on being your cool self!

--

BB, very cool image! Kinda small - but very pretty! Thanks! Was that today or yesterday where you are?

In my dried up part of the desert here something like that is beautiful. Plants like the rain hard and fast. It could mean flowers and green and food for the wildlife for the entire year.

Now on the other hand, the stuff I usually see from BB, if that were to happen around here, there'd be a lot of running and screaming and driving off cliffs, and certainly a huge traffic jam on the freeway with SUVs packed with bawling yuppies banging their heads on the steering wheel. Not that I wouldn't find that interesting and somewhat amusing (I used to live in western Iowa). Eye of the beholder.

Touche. I never thought of that. :)

I was at the bookstore once during a tornado warning, and they made us get in the bathrooms. Everyone is groaning and complaining about how its a good 5 miles away and its not necessary, but these two people there were freaking out. I went up to them and asked them, "You aren't from around here, are you?" Sure enough, they were Californians on vacation. So I can see what you're saying, Mr. Abraxas. :)

I also like how there's a spot of blue sky in the background. Its kind of symbolic, though I may be reading in to it too much.

Nice pic - like the contrasts - the redness/heavy clouds of the storm and then the touch of blue sky to the side - even seems to be a little sunlight getting though onto the grass at the front?

This is a great shot. I can almost see some rotation and the formation of a wall cloud. If this is a supercell then the blue sky not far from the cloud is not unusual but your angle was perfect to be able to pick it up. Awesome shot.

"Different"? In how far?
It is "big weather" ... and that's your speciality, isn't it? "Big weather", storms, storm clouds, all those threatening albeit super-interesting sights that would make me run... :pale: ... but you take photos of them!!! :thumbup:

But I do see that this is "only rain", and that this photo is VERTICAL as opposed to your weather panos. Is it that you call "different"?

Other than that, it is one more of your really good weather photos, for the rain really shows and I think you better run now, else you and your camera get ALL wet! ;)

Well there was little rain in this one because not to long after I took this I started driving right under the lowering (which was rotating nicely) and got pounded by golfball sized hail... This is different from what I usually do because I PPed this one differentantly. I was looking at some of the stuff on these sites: this and this. I am convinced that some these are not the original colors completely. I'm pretty sure they added layers of colors and set to multiply or overlay to get those amazing colors that they do. This is another shot from the same day last year:
540103688_daf50a07a6_m.jpg

LOL... It funny because I can imagine that totally... and I'm pretty sure this storm would have had the same effect once people got into the hail.

You give fine critique! She told me so herself. :D But all seriousness aside don't have a care about anything - you just keep on being your cool self!

--

BB, very cool image! Kinda small - but very pretty! Thanks! Was that today or yesterday where you are?

This was from 6/11/07 on the way back from a friends wedding that I shot in TX. I was driving through New Mexico and caught this nice little storm.

This is a great shot. I can almost see some rotation and the formation of a wall cloud. If this is a supercell then the blue sky not far from the cloud is not unusual but your angle was perfect to be able to pick it up. Awesome shot.

No wall cloud per-sey but there was some nice rotation and you could see the clouds condense as they got close to that lowering and get sucked up into it. The storm was actually backwards from the normal thunderstorm make up as the hail was behind the area of rotation and updraft (pretty sweet actually).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back