Something a little different for me. And more of the same.

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Well, I went down to the harbor today and came back with a sort of creepy set. These are quite experimental for me, and I'd love to hear some thoughts on them.

1. "Screams, Silenced"
Screamsforum.jpg

2. "Oceania, 1984" (a reference to George Orwells awesome book)
Alleyforum.jpg

3. "The way is Shut" (a remake of an old photo. THis one turned out much better.
TheWayisShutforum.jpg

4. And now for something completely different. "Gallery II" (a new angle on one of my favorite buildings)
GalleryIIforum.jpg

2 and 3 I really like, thought provoking. In 2, it looks intimidating, yet I want to walk between and see what lies further down. Especially like the lighting....light and darker as you go down, great lines as well.

3, again, same idea, I want to know what is beyond. The shallow DOF threw the the background out of focus perfectly, I can see something, but I do not know what. And the fence answers that....like I am not supposed to know.

Very nice.

Wonderful series, bu I must say #3 is the best in my opinion :)

(All #2 is a large "Big Brother" poster ;) )

#2 & #3 are great :thumbup: I really like the shadows in both.

I like #4, but for me, it just doesn't have the same qualities as 'Gallery'.

the second one is awesome!!great job, Joe!!

I like #3. Was it made by those who are dead? If so do the dead keep it that way?

Alright...
Seven, Peanuts, SlySniper-Thanks so much :)
RickyN29, that's exactly how I felt. It is an ominous photo, but for some reason you want to see more. Thanks
Woodsac, Myopia, Yeah, I completely agree about "Gallery" In this picture, the architecture still shines, but what made Gallery so special to me was the darkness of the sky vs. the bright building.
Joey, it's the Legg Mason Gallery in the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. If you didn't see the first one that Woodsac was talking about, it's here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/23504926/
And Wally, so someone finally mentions the reference :mrgreen: I can never resist a LOTR reference :)

Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate all of your comments.
--Joe

idea pictures, I like this type~. good job~~ :)

Most reactions

Back