Something from the raining season

RandyC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mtsociety.com
Ok guys, this is the first time i am shooting lightning.. it was a last minute and i didnt have a tripod so it was a free hand shot.. please give ur C&C and any advise to improve thx :)

ps: my sensor is not dirty, it was a heavy downpour and i didnt realise i had droplets of water on my lens :mrgreen:

lightnin1.jpg

lightnin2.jpg

Nice stuff... I can't count the times that I have tried to do this very same thing. But not with as much success !

I still can count the times that I tried the same, once so far, but I sure know that my outcome was A LOT WORSE, actually so bad I did not even keep any picture ... and no lightning ever to be seen at all in any of my frames, either. So you did well here. That first one looks FIERCE and really DESTRUCTIVE! I hope it did not do any harm! :shock:

I like your shots a lot, mostly because I wasn't able to capture a lightning before!:grumpy: So you have all my respect for this! I love the composition in the first one! Great job!!!!:thumbup:
But ...I wonder...how come the photos came out so violet?

i LOVE lightning photography. kudos to you for capturing anything.

my tip is even though your lense wasn't dirty and it was water, i would clean it all up anyway in Photoshop. those spots are really distracting to me and it is really easy to take them out.

other than that. great job. i love the compositions

great shots there, i really need to try and get some like that. i have not had a chance to try it yet

Danad said:
I like your shots a lot, mostly because I wasn't able to capture a lightning before!:grumpy: So you have all my respect for this! I love the composition in the first one! Great job!!!!:thumbup:
But ...I wonder...how come the photos came out so violet?

Why violet i am not sure either.. should be some light diffraction or some science thingy haha but in the original shot out of the camera, the colour wasnt so obvious until i edited it in photoshop to bring out the lightning only the skies became violet. Picture 2 was actually overexposed but thank goodness ps can still save it :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back